Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Changing stages
Old
luismb

Arrow Changing stages - 05-18-2020, 10:47 AM

Hi,

In my game I want to change many times the whole stage (not only the ground and atmosphere), I means, in some time I am in a NorthWest stage and I want to pass to an Ice full Stage. I see this in action in a you tube video but they don't explain how to do it....Thanks.

Use the #D Environment
Old
djslater107
Administrator

Default Use the #D Environment - 06-02-2020, 10:46 AM

IN the video you watched we take advantage of the fact that the Alice environment is 3D, and that the care may be positioned facing one direction for your Northwest stage, but hen you can turn the camera around (in another direction) to set up the full Ice stage... Camera Markers are a big help to do this...

As you turn the camera, you can also change the terrain, the atmosphere, the lighting, etc...

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismb View Post
Hi,

In my game I want to change many times the whole stage (not only the ground and atmosphere), I means, in some time I am in a NorthWest stage and I want to pass to an Ice full Stage. I see this in action in a you tube video but they don't explain how to do it....Thanks.

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University

Old
HenryM

Default 12-22-2020, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslater107 View Post
IN the video you watched we take advantage of the fact that the Alice environment is 3D, and that the care may be positioned facing one direction for your Northwest stage, but hen you can turn the camera around (in another direction) routerlogin to set up the full Ice stage... Camera Markers are a big help to do this...

As you turn the camera, you can also change the terrain, the atmosphere, the lighting, etc...

Good luck!
Hello,
This is my first time posting here. I had the same problem, thanks for the valuable advice.

Re: Changing Stages
Old
djslater107
Administrator

Default Re: Changing Stages - 12-22-2020, 11:41 AM

In Alice 3, to change the ground texture you would select ground from the Object Menu, and then use the setPaint procedure, selecting the ground texture or color that you want from the drop down menu.

If there are other scenic elements / props that you wish to add or remove, you could
1) set their opacity to 0.0 (hide) or 1.0 (make visible) in a do-together with a time duration of 0, or
2) set up the alternative scenic elements in another part of the world, out of camera view, and then when it is time for the scene change, change the camera position / view as you are changing the ground texture.

Here is a link on how to use Camera Markers in Alice 3: http://www.alice.org/resources/how-t...amera-markers/

Alice 2 you will have to do use the Environments objects found in the Gallery, add them to the word when setting up the Scene, set their isShowing property to false, and then change the isShowing property in your code when it is time for the Scene change. You may also have to hide and show scenic elements as you would in Alice 3.

Camera Markers are very effective tools for having multiple Scenes in a project. Here is a link to a video showing how you might do this in Alice 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xm0avkk7ob...cenes.mov?dl=0

You might also see this Facebook video: https://www.facebook.com/19149563426.../2833585319878

Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Don Slater

Alice Project

Don Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University