Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Announcements > Community News and Announcements

x2495iiii is now a moderator!
Old
gabe
Administrator

Talking x2495iiii is now a moderator! - 11-17-2009, 02:23 AM

I want to be the first person to congratulate x2495iiii as the Alice community forum's first moderator! We've been getting more activity lately, so he is going to help us keep the forums a great place to discuss Alice.

x2495iiii has been a fantastic contributor and dedicated Alice user for quite some time. I have no doubt that his helpful posts are part of the reason why participation has picked.

Thanks, man!

Old
Jeremytroid

Default 11-17-2009, 03:10 PM

Yeah!!!!!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: a2c TMP.a2c (257.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-03-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Old
MuqiTechNerd

Default 11-17-2009, 10:56 PM

He helped me out with a sketchup model conversion problem earlier. thnx man and great job on becoming a moderator (whatever that is)

Old
reuben2011

Default 11-18-2009, 07:19 PM

Well I think everyone knows that he deserves it!

Old
Kal_Larro

Default 11-19-2009, 03:26 PM

I may be rather new but from all the topics I've seen he's always offered some great advice. Congratulations X.

Old
lanceA

Default 11-21-2009, 06:33 PM

For a new person to become a moderator and immediately tell some one that he will close down a channel seems a bit over-kill/abuse of power which they do NOT know how to handle.

Just my 2-cents.. . .

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-21-2009, 06:49 PM

To everyone who's congratulated me, thank you. I'll do my best to keep the forums clean, helpful, and spam-free.

I'm sorry you feel that way, lanceA, but here's my view of it.

First, just to clarify, I NEVER threatened to close "an entire channel," only the thread called "A few of my favorite objects (weapons)," originally posted by fishrfine75, in the "Share Objects" channel. Only that thread would be affected, not the channel itself.

Second, I've been monitoring that thread for quite some time, even before I was a moderator, and have always noticed that, though the requests for models have continued to grow at a fairly steady pace, the original poster himself has not been active in over four months. This leads me to believe that he's likely forgotten about his offer and as a result, the offer is now inactive and should be closed.

Third, consider the two main courses of action here:

Say I don't close the thread: People will continue to request for all of the links for the models to be sent to them. Eventually, it's going to become a ten-page long list of "Can you send all the filez plz" posts which ultimately serves no purpose other than to waste space in the forums.

Say I do close it: The list ends now and, in the event that the original poster of those screenshots comes back, I can easily re-open the thread and allow the requests to continue, as they would then no longer be in vain.

In my opinion, an abuse of my "power" would be to delete the thread without warning or explanation. Here I've given fair warning AND left an option for the thread to continue in the event of his return. I truly believe that this is the best course of action, which is why I've taken it. However, I will admit that my choice of words could have been more professional, a mistake which I've already corrected and will not repeat.

Rest assured, I won't take serious action without thinking it through very thoroughly first.

(')>

Last edited by x2495iiii; 11-21-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 11-23-2009, 03:24 PM

congratulations.

congrats!!
Old
DumDum203

Default congrats!! - 11-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Hey! cool so, you're the first moderator? super moderator, whatev. what does all this mean? ( you were a senior member before, right? what's the dif between that and now? and what's an administrator do?)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-30-2009, 12:01 PM

A moderator is a person who keeps the forums clean. This means moving improperly placed posts, deleting spam, editing posts to remove curses, closing inactive threads, and even banning certain users (usually advertiser-bots). As there haven't been any regular moderators yet, there isn't a difference between a moderator and a super moderator. An administrator, though, is the person who decides how things go on the forums. He has all the abilities of the moderator, plus the ability to change the site itself as well as the configurations and rules of the forums.

(')>

Tags
moderator, x2495jjjj