Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

moving unlimited
Old
pineapplgurl

Default moving unlimited - 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM

i'm trying to make a cinderella game, where she can move. right now if you press the up button, she moves 1 meter. how do I get her to move forward until the up button is released (like in most video games?)

i just figured it out, but i don't want cinderella to move quite so fast. how can you make her go slowere so she doesn't keep zooming off of the screen? also is there any way to make the camera follow cinderella?

Last edited by pineapplgurl; 06-26-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: answered my question but I have more

Continuous, key controlled movement
Old
DrJim

Default Continuous, key controlled movement - 06-26-2008, 01:09 PM

A little tricky since when an "event while" is actually evaluated is not really predictable. For a safe, working example, see the "walk test" world at the end of the thread http://www.alice.org/community/showt...highlight=walk . Note also the "move at rate" command - that will allow you to change the speed easily.

For more details on the programming issues, I believe Dick Baldwin's tutorials have some information. There is a lot of information also scattered through the forum, but it is a bit difficult to find. (Anyone have any good suggestions on keywords for searching?)

Tags
controls, forward, moving, moving unlimited, unlimited