Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Sticking an object to another but still move part seperatly?
Old
proscure

Default Sticking an object to another but still move part seperatly? - 09-25-2008, 08:25 AM

Hey,

How do I make an object stick to another, but not to make the same turns as the other object?

Cause I want to make 1 object(person, acrobat) to stick around a circle (I've already assigned it as as a vehicle) but not to make him go upside down when the circle turns, and to let him face the camera . So it'll look like hes walking in and round the circle.

Last edited by proscure; 09-25-2008 at 08:29 AM.

um
Old
rich0e0rick

Question um - 09-25-2008, 01:11 PM

did you try to let it vehicle to the circle, but when the circle turns, the acrobat does THE OPPOSITE action, therefore staying in place?

rick

im back!!! FINNALY!!! got windows working on my mac again!!!

Old
DrJim

Default 09-26-2008, 05:56 AM

The other approach is to use a dummy object or simple (not showing) shape to define the main movement, then make it the vehicle for the other objects and have them act independently as needed.

Old
Chris101b

Default 09-26-2008, 11:38 AM

Not sure exactly what you are saying, but Ill try to explain. You don't have to make things vehicled to each other for the entire movie. You can actually drag the vehicle box into the movie and make the man vehicle and then stop being vehicled to the circle whenever you want it to. Just change it from "man vehicle to circle" to "man vehicle to entire world"

Old
mbare

Default 09-15-2010, 04:54 AM

I'd not seen this post prior to my trying to do the exercise. So rather than set a vehicle object and rotate the opposite to the ball, is there a way to have the attached file work?

I've set the number "rollDistance" in the main method as a random number

The toyball.realisticRoll distance is set to the "rollDistance"

The fidgetSaturndance.walk distance is set to the "rollDistance"

The problems I'm having are

1) the acrobat and the ball distance do not travel the same distance
2) before the ball states how far it has rolled, fidgetSaturndance, takes off again traveling X number of meters. 1 and 2 meters it seems to work but 3 and 3 fidget runs off into the distance.
3) fidgetSaturndance does not stay inline with the ball. I've orientated both the ball and fidgetSaturndance to each other.

The move distance in the fidgetSaturndance.walk is based off the rollDistance so I'm not sure why they are not matching.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

m.j.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w bm_CH06-EC01-acrobatsRollingBall.a2w (1.44 MB, 13 views)

Old
debussybunny563

Arrow 09-15-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbare View Post
I'd not seen this post prior to my trying to do the exercise. So rather than set a vehicle object and rotate the opposite to the ball, is there a way to have the attached file work?

I've set the number "rollDistance" in the main method as a random number

The toyball.realisticRoll distance is set to the "rollDistance"

The fidgetSaturndance.walk distance is set to the "rollDistance"

The problems I'm having are

1) the acrobat and the ball distance do not travel the same distance
2) before the ball states how far it has rolled, fidgetSaturndance, takes off again traveling X number of meters. 1 and 2 meters it seems to work but 3 and 3 fidget runs off into the distance.
3) fidgetSaturndance does not stay inline with the ball. I've orientated both the ball and fidgetSaturndance to each other.

The move distance in the fidgetSaturndance.walk is based off the rollDistance so I'm not sure why they are not matching.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

m.j.
1. That's because in the ball's method, it moves asSeenBy the ground, while it's asSeenBy none for the acrobat.

2. That's because you have the entire method for the fidget loop rollDistance times, so obviously if it is 3, then he'll move forward 3 times.

3. Fixed if you change the fidget's move forward into asSeenBy ground, so they are referencing their movements to the same object.

Here's the file:
Attached Files
File Type: a2w bm_CH06-EC01-acrobatsRollingBall.a2w (1.44 MB, 14 views)

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Thank you
Old
mbare

Talking Thank you - 09-16-2010, 05:27 AM

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated. It is always the "silly stupid stuff" that trips one up.