Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How to output a group of object into class?
Old
wongwanchap

Default How to output a group of object into class? - 02-13-2009, 06:42 AM

I wonder how to output a group of object into class (a2c).

I know how to save one object into a new class (a2c).
Simply right click the object on the object tree, and select save.(right?)

But I have no idea how to save a group of object into a class.

We can't multiselect the objects; there is no save option in the right click menu of the group folder.
It's seems no hope...

Old
DrJim

Default 02-13-2009, 11:33 AM

You really can't. Here is a quick and non-rigorous explaination. (Better ones are welcome. )

The class structure in Alice 2.0 is fixed and can't be changed by the user. It consists of basically two levels of hierarchy - the world and then all of the objects as subclasses. Since in Java, an object can only inherit from one superclass - and that's defined as "world" - you can't combine the objects into any other superclass.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If it's just trying to avoid long library searches, you can set up a folder of "Frequently Used Objects" in Alice/Requeired/Gallery and put copies of the objects you want in it. The folder will then show up in your local gallery.

Old
wongwanchap

Default 02-13-2009, 12:53 PM

First thanks to reply me

What I want actually is only want to make those object have a common properties. I know it's can be done by create a list, but it's quite trouble to keep making lots of list.

Old
DrJim

Default 02-14-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongwanchap View Post
What I want actually is only want to make those object have a common properties.
I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for Alice 3.0 for that (as is true for a lot of things that would be nice).