Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Weapons health
Old
Watsamax1

Exclamation Weapons health - 05-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Im currently making a F"Ps/3 PS shooter. I have a assault riffle but id like to have it shoot several things a bullet plus a grenade. But my problem is loading. Id like to have about 3 weapons prime weapon assault riffle, 2nd dairy weapon revolver 3rd weapon knife. Id like to be able to switch weapons well revolver and gun. I'm not trying to make a poor game so im adding collision. Id love to know how to make health i have syringes but id like to make a yes or know option. I know how to get it but to make it work and to say heal? and not to heal if health is at 100%. I know some decent programing on alice its just shooting isn't that easy. I*f anyone has a idea. id also like a die option and maybe if you die you lose your knife guns and so on and be able to change weapons/add new ones. Also id like to be able to drive and kill zombies that way. Im working on a inclosed setting so you cant go everywhere. I have 2 buildings you may enter a town hall with a lab and a bedroom. Not much but just to add something. Id love to also add AI so zombies attack and move. But id like a explosion happen first before any show. You enter the lab a bomb blows up you live and read the comp and find out whats happened. now your trying to escape with the military leaders there and zombies trying to kill you. Id like to possible hold 12 rounds per clip. and 6 revolver. but make the weapons kill at different speeds like head is quicker than leg. and assault take 5 shots revolver 3. knife 4. I have around 5 soldiers plus 18 zombies..... Collision i know how to do its just shooting AI and health.

Old
jediaction

Default 05-06-2010, 08:49 PM

Hmm, well i made a cool weapons switching system and always wanted to do a health recharge. you are asking a lot. Put them out in a list and i'll see what i can do. I could possibly fix them all in 30 minutes.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Watsamax1

Default 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Currently i cannot do anything alice wont start

Old
jediaction

Default 05-06-2010, 08:53 PM

darn, um then so your saying we cant help

Old
Watsamax1

Default 05-07-2010, 06:25 AM

It will not start it jumps up then just says open again.

Old
jediaction

Default 05-07-2010, 08:54 AM

hmm, well look at previous thread about solutions of how to fix Alice.

Old
Watsamax1

Default 05-10-2010, 03:19 PM

My current idea is to use the slider and set mini cones and have one move to if hit if hit 2 move to this cone and so on. If knob moved to cone # die.

Old
dubastot

Default 05-10-2010, 05:26 PM

I think you should reinstall your copy of alice.

Anyways, for what you are asking, I think what you should do is add if/else statements and put in variables for health, current weapon... For health you could do this:

if HEALTH == 100
do nothing
else
HEALTH increment by 1

I'm a web developer/ designer now.

Last edited by dubastot; 05-10-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 05-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Ai coding is dificult and can take weeks to make. I myself have around 1-2 days to make an iplementation of it so my advice is to make single method that runs independently for each zombie. You could use a parameter to set the object being controlled. Then you could make it so they have a path finder method that is simple enough to run quickly. It would have to be like if player to left
Do together:
Zombie move forward
Zombie move left
That is as well as I can explain it. It has a huge deal with the implementation of it.