Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

World Problems when adding an object
Old
kelly.powers@danahall.org

Default World Problems when adding an object - 04-25-2008, 09:26 AM

Hi,

My student's world begins to act up when she attempts to add another object to her world. She is adding a Prince. Once she clicks add instance of the Prince, her world view turns white, the system appears to freeze and she can not continue to play her animation. She sees the Prince object in the object tree but could no longer see her world. We changed an Alice preference to slow rendering and this did not help. Is her world corrupt? Is there anything else we can do? I have attached her world.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w new cindy.a2w (1.84 MB, 167 views)

KP

Old
lanceA

Default 04-25-2008, 11:07 AM

I might be missing something, but I downloaded your world, added a prince and the program ran fine.

Can you provide any additional information? Should I place the prince in a special location, etc.?

Add Object to World/ Causes World error
Old
kelly.powers@danahall.org

Default Add Object to World/ Causes World error - 04-25-2008, 07:56 PM

The student simply added the instance of the Prince and then began to see a white space in her world view window. She never had the opportunity to position the Prince in her World.

We are running the worlds on a Mac OS 10.4. Alice is installed on the local Machine and the student's file is on a File Server. We experienced another problem today with another student's file.

I moved the student's file to the local machine's hard drive and she continued to have the error. I also tried it on my laptop, Mac PowerBook G4 running 10.4.11 and have the same error as my student. Is this a Mac OSX bug?

KP

Last edited by kelly.powers@danahall.org; 04-25-2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: updated info