Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

solutions to the chapters
Old
steven

Unhappy solutions to the chapters - 10-03-2006, 06:32 AM

Does anybody know how i can get the solutions to the chapters??
I did send a mail to prentice hall ,but the only response i go was go to the teacher?

help me please
Old
steven

Default help me please - 10-03-2006, 06:34 AM

i have a exam next week and i like to practice a lot with alice, but i need the solutions to the chapters can anybody help me with it ( i didn't got a password from prentice hall ,after sending them a mail)
many thanks

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-03-2006, 12:25 PM

steven,

For security, Prentice Hall does not give out solutions (or passwords) to students. Can you not get the solutions from your teacher?

Old
roofy

Default 10-25-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
steven,

For security, Prentice Hall does not give out solutions (or passwords) to students.
... and what would be the security risk. Being able to hack into their server? Hell, if they think that, then I guess they never heard of the 12 year old boy who was capable of hacking into Microsofts server back I believe in July of 2003. My Point is if a 12 year old can hack into a server, then it must be so that anyone with the knowledge can too hack inro a server no matter if he/she is a student or not, and it is a shame that this publisher thinks that it would only be students.

In my opinion, I think having at least the odd numbers would help the students even more, just like how math books are printed.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-26-2006, 08:39 AM

Perhaps my choice of words was bad.

Solutions aren't given out publicly so that students don't cheat (at least we hope they don't).

Old
DrJim

Default 10-26-2006, 10:24 AM

Plus if your not a student and not an "official" teacher, you're probably not a Prentice Hall customer (so they assume - and in my case that's likely to be true in the future) so they don't care about you (I'm keeping my language nice here ).

Those corporate weenies...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Exclamation Those corporate weenies... - 10-30-2006, 07:23 PM

/\
||
Umm... just kidding about the title...

But on a more serious note (notice the serious face ) I think it would be more expedient to allow a sort of help desk or something. My high school (not to be confused with the school dealing with Alice) has the ever-parent-popular Homework Hotline for those few students who don't have a clue about what they need to do and yet actually care about a good grade. I think something like that would probably help, except instead of a telephone number with some guy on the other line, busy eating a hot dog or something, there should be a forum or chatroom, or something along those lines...

JasonGawker is a spammer
Old
DickBaldwin

Default JasonGawker is a spammer - 04-02-2008, 10:07 AM

For the first time since I joined the Alice forums, I am finding it necessary to add someone, the spammer JasonGawker, to my "ignore list." I guess I will find out if that list really works.

Old
lanceA

Default 04-02-2008, 03:03 PM

It appears that he wants to sell books.