Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 4 Completed
Old
lottsmoore

Default Assignment 4 Completed - 09-25-2015, 10:35 PM

It took me a few days but I completed the assignment. Still working on connecting better with variables, parameters, random numbers, expressions, well a good range of stuff. Even though my skills are limited with programming / Alice, I am liking it!

With this assignment I learned a bit about Textual Storyboard and Program Pseudo code (there is a method to the madness). This process was very helpful for me organizing the steps for doing this assignment.

I experienced an issue with my boom_boom method, in that I could not figure out why my object would say only 3 lines when there were 4 lines (I double checked). Well I'll keep pressing on.

Last edited by lottsmoore; 09-25-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Assignment 4
Old
Felicia King

Default Assignment 4 - 09-26-2015, 10:54 AM

Hello Lootsmoore,

I agree the storyboard helps to organize the steps and guide the flow. Creating parameters is still coming together for me but I'm sure with practice I'll get it down. Glad to read that you like the program, I enjoy the creative freedom.

Old
esquino

Default 09-26-2015, 11:36 AM

Hi lottsmoore,

In regards to your boom_boom method are you sure since two of four lines your character is saying are the exact same, you may just not be noticing it change to the second line. You can test this by just adding something to the second line to indicate to you that it did change. For example, add a * add the end of the line. Then play through your scene and you will notice it is actually changing. Hope this helps.

Thanks a 1,000,000
Old
lottsmoore

Default Thanks a 1,000,000 - 09-26-2015, 10:50 PM

You are indeed correct. The line is being said, It was escaping my watchful eye because of them being the same. It did not occur to me that was the problem.

Thanks a bunch.

Old
tkdblake93

Post 09-28-2015, 12:50 AM

I submitted this assignment a little later than usual this week because I've been working on regular expressions in JavaScript.

As for as the chorus goes, the first, second, and fourth lines are the same, so I created a variable (under properties) called chorusLine124 and reused it 3 times under the boomboom method.