Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How would you make a kicker kick a ball for soccer or football?
Old
dbrn20

Post How would you make a kicker kick a ball for soccer or football? - 03-09-2012, 08:36 PM

I have the kicker lined up and I could get it to somewhat kick but it doesn't look right at all. I was wondering how you would get the person to kick the ball and make the ball go up in the air? PLEASE HELP! I've been trying to figure this out for a long time.

Old
jediaction

Default 03-09-2012, 09:12 PM

Well you can make the animation of the leg kicking, but then make a dummy object at the balls starting positon and end position. If you don't know what dummy's are, go to the "advanced" options and select the ball object and click "place dummy on object." They are pretty much positioning items used for any item. It makes moving objects a lot easier.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
sfunk

Default 03-10-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Well you can make the animation of the leg kicking, but then make a dummy object at the balls starting positon and end position. If you don't know what dummy's are, go to the "advanced" options and select the ball object and click "place dummy on object." They are pretty much positioning items used for any item. It makes moving objects a lot easier.
you forgot to tell him about adding a dummy object in the air, to simulate the ball being kicked in the air, since that is what he asked for.

and if you don't know or don't want to use dummy objects, another way is to use a do in order, have the animation of the kicker kicking, then a do together statement of the ball moving forward and up, then lastly have a do together statement with the ball moving down and forward (the same amount as you had it moving forward and up in your last do together statement)

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Old
snake1

Default 03-10-2012, 06:20 AM

hey i want a pirate ship model to make a pirate war story please help mee !!

Old
dbrn20

Default 03-10-2012, 12:09 PM

Another thing, how would I be able to have a 3D Text scoreboard that adds a certain amount of points after the ball goes through a field goal post

Old
sfunk

Default 03-10-2012, 02:09 PM

just search the threads for help on that, there are hundreds of examples of how to do a scoreboard, I even have videos of how to do it on youtube

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Old
dakota95

Default 03-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake1 View Post
hey i want a pirate ship model to make a pirate war story please help mee !!
Ok, well then post it in the share objects section. If someone is looking to convert something for someone, this is not the place that he will look. And you are changing the topic.

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
dbrn20

Default 03-10-2012, 07:35 PM

Ok here is what I got so far. If anybody has any recommendations or tips than I would really appreciate it because I'm getting frustrated with it.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w FieldGoalGame.a2w (1.11 MB, 46 views)

Old
sfunk

Default 03-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrn20 View Post
Ok here is what I got so far. If anybody has any recommendations or tips than I would really appreciate it because I'm getting frustrated with it.
I just checked it out, and either my download totally messed up, or something crazy is going on, since you only have two events being called, which the world start up event has nothing inside that method, and the method to press space to do field goal kick does movement forward and walking animation. and you have a couple of other methods that aren't being called with a lot of their values set to none.

So if this is how it's suppose to be, then I guess the advice im about to give will be accurate.

If you are trying to make this a game, instead of an interactive animation, you need to figure out a way to make a challenge for the game, like have the player press space at a certain time determined by a gauge that goes up and down to whether or not decide if the kick is good.

Next, you need to look at this as simplistic as possible, if you are having trouble making the ball being kicked animation. think about how a ball moves when being kicked/thrown. normally in a parabolic pathway, (arching shape) one of the easiest ways to do this is by looking at this way, the ball is moving up and forward for the first half of the kick, then on the last half of the balls trajectory, it moves forward and down. so you just have to set up a method for this.

Okay, so for now, lets just forget you are trying to make a game, and lets just make the animation, so first you want the guy to move forward(which you already have), next you need the kicking animation(have the kicker's leg...well kick, using a leg turn method perhaps?) then lastly, having the ball do it's movements(which I believe was covered enough in the last paragraph)

Now you may be wondering, "How do I get this all to happen in order?" well a do in order statement of course!! and don't forget, you can use a do together statement inside of a do in order statement. so you could have something like...

[[[do in order
[[do together
cookie move forward _meters
mouth move forward _meters]]
[[do together
cookie opacity set 0
mouth move backward _meters]]
hand move forward]]]

Which what that example I just typed is saying that all those actions will happen in order. so if I was to play such a world, it would go as follows

1.First the mouth and cookie would both move forward at the same time.

2.Second the cookie would become transparent as the mouth moves backward.

3. Lastly, the hand moves forward.

So now you just have to apply this logic to your game, and you should be all set to go.

Or..

Old
jediaction

Default 03-11-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
and if you don't know or don't want to use dummy objects, another way is to use a do in order, have the animation of the kicker kicking, then a do together statement of the ball moving forward and up, then lastly have a do together statement with the ball moving down and forward (the same amount as you had it moving forward and up in your last do together statement)
Um, you can use dummy objects for more precision actually. Of course you can do together, but if you happen to want to have the object start in the same position every time, it's better that way. It's more precise.

Btw, long post and helpful. Good job.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Tags
kicker kick soccer foot