Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Old
arty-fishL

Arrow 08-28-2010, 05:00 AM

No, get a PS3, it will end out cheaper in the long run as psn is free. Also I know several people who have both a ps3 and an xbox 360 and they say the ps3 is better on most things. But chat is better on xbox. ps3 is harder to hack (not from experience, its just what ive heard).

But, then again, ive spent over £800 on PS3 (which is about over $1200) of my own money.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-28-2010, 06:48 AM

Hey, personally I'd agree with arty, but he asked for us to choose between an xbox and a wii, so I just said which one I'd choose given only those choices.

PS3 is the best of the three, in my opinion though.

Ps3?
Old
GoGators

Location: In a house in a city in a state in a continent in a planet in a galaxy
Wink Ps3? - 08-28-2010, 08:22 AM

Wait a sec. you can play online with a PS3! Yeah OK I think that puts the X box almost of the question seeing as I am a 13 year old male who does not have a current job or get allowance. So I am really interested in the PS3! BTW can I play multi player online or just go online by myself? (obviously some games are not multi player but are there any?) SO it is really a good investment to get a PS3 rather than a wii or an xbox. by the way what is a that thing that comes out with the pre order x box (the thing that looks like the wii thingy that goes on top of your TV)

So, should I get a wii? (PS one of the main reasons I want a system is to play force unleashed 1 & 2) I saw an ad for the wii version of force unleashed and it looked as if the experience would be better than if you had a controller. Also how does the wii do FPS's I really like the COD series and all (Like can I buy a case for the remote so it feels like I actually have a gun in my hand?)

And for the PS3! I am not as much a fan of the remote! Or the price! The games are a good price and there are qualities like online play that I would love! The price is really a killer seeing as the amount of total money I have right now is somewhere between $300 and $450.

Sorry for the long post but I really want to get the right system for me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signature is under renovation.
  Send a message via Yahoo to GoGators  
Old
jediaction

Default 08-28-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
As far as it being a family system that is fine! (I like to play with others) (I also like FPS's). I also like the idea of online play that I get with the X box. It sounds like those are my best choices for now!
So, I wish I could put a poll on this thread!
Which should I get a wii or a xbox?
X-box 360

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-28-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
Wait a sec. you can play online with a PS3! Yeah OK I think that puts the X box almost of the question seeing as I am a 13 year old male who does not have a current job or get allowance.

Like I said, PSN's free. The console itself and games obviously aren't though.

So I am really interested in the PS3! BTW can I play multi player online or just go online by myself? (obviously some games are not multi player but are there any?)

There are a few. Army of Two (1 & 2) and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

SO it is really a good investment to get a PS3 rather than a wii or an xbox. by the way what is a that thing that comes out with the pre order x box (the thing that looks like the wii thingy that goes on top of your TV)

It's called Kinect. It's a response to the Wii's motion control. It let's you play without a controller by moving your body certain ways, like the Eyetoy.

So, should I get a wii? (PS one of the main reasons I want a system is to play force unleashed 1 & 2) I saw an ad for the wii version of force unleashed and it looked as if the experience would be better than if you had a controller.

Force Unleashed for the PS3 is the best, in my opinion, though only the Wii version has a multiplayer duel option.

Also how does the wii do FPS's I really like the COD series and all

It's cool in the sense that you just point and click, but the content is so watered down that most games aren't worth playing for more than 15 minutes due to monotony and repetition (RE5, Red Steel 2, etc).

(Like can I buy a case for the remote so it feels like I actually have a gun in my hand?)

Yeah, but it's not that different. Plus, most gun-shaped wiimote cases look ridiculous (I'm talking to you, wii-zapper).

And for the PS3! I am not as much a fan of the remote!

You mean the dualshock? What's wrong with the dualshock?

Or the price! The games are a good price and there are qualities like online play that I would love! The price is really a killer seeing as the amount of total money I have right now is somewhere between $300 and $450.

If you decide to get a PS3, get Uncharted 2. It's long, has mind-blowing graphics, a neat storyline, and addicting online gameplay (competitive and co-op). It doesn't hurt that it's only rated T either (if your parents care about that sort of thing).

Sorry for the long post but I really want to get the right system for me!
Responses in bold.

H1
Old
GoGators

Location: In a house in a city in a state in a continent in a planet in a galaxy
Talking H1 - 08-28-2010, 05:54 PM

So what I want to know is is there a slim and fat version of PS3?

Also I went to eBay and was looking at PS3's some of them said backwards compatible. Does that mean the others are not?

TY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old
jediaction

Default 08-28-2010, 07:15 PM

There is a NEW PS3 with more memory coming out soon...

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Wii
Old
GoGators

Default Wii - 08-28-2010, 08:13 PM

I think I will get a wii. It has the Nintendo multi player system (Nintendo WiFi connection) and it is cheaper in the long run. For instance COD black ops is ten dollars cheaper than the COD black ops on the PS3. I might wait a few years until I get a job and then they might have a PS4. Tech is only getting better so I might as well just get a wii. PS3 and X-box are just more than I can afford right now. Also there is a better looking case than the zapper called the Perfect shot (Pistol) and the CTA digital sniper rifle (all big guns in one((Its cosomizable))) .

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Shot-W..._bxgy_vg_img_c

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Sniper-Rif...3042466&sr=1-2

Pretty sweet right! (but I am not going to buy them at first because of my money limitations.)

Old
Dameria

Default 08-28-2010, 09:24 PM

The wii will have much blockier graphics than the Xbox 360 or the PS3, so even though Black Ops is $10 less, it still won't be worth it because of the deduction in graphics. Also, with first person shooters like that, the wii remote always shakes a little bit even when your holding it still, which always annoys me. The Wii has always been my least favorite video game console.

If you want an even easier alternative, just use the computer that your using right now as a console and buy games for it off of Steam, or just PC games from the store. All you need to do is buy a decent graphics card (at least $60) and maybe 2 more GB of ram if you don't have much right now (another $50), so it would cost $110 in the end instead of having to pay $200+ for a whole new console. You can actually buy an Xbox 360 controller to play games on the PC if you prefer the analog sticks instead of the mouse (I know I do).

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
GoGators

Default 08-28-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameria View Post
The wii will have much blockier graphics than the Xbox 360 or the PS3, so even though Black Ops is $10 less, it still won't be worth it because of the deduction in graphics. Also, with first person shooters like that, the wii remote always shakes a little bit even when your holding it still, which always annoys me. The Wii has always been my least favorite video game console.

If you want an even easier alternative, just use the computer that your using right now as a console and buy games for it off of Steam, or just PC games from the store. All you need to do is buy a decent graphics card (at least $60) and maybe 2 more GB of ram if you don't have much right now (another $50), so it would cost $110 in the end instead of having to pay $200+ for a whole new console. You can actually buy an Xbox 360 controller to play games on the PC if you prefer the analog sticks instead of the mouse (I know I do).
Yeah That sounds Great! Do you have any suggestions on what graphics card would do best? I have 4 GB Memory (I think that is Ram) (My hard drive is 250GB). And yes I would need to buy the X Box controller! (How much is that)

Tags
games, ps2, ps3