Default 07-11-2010, 09:26 PM

Lag heaven on my aspire one netbook.

I'm a web developer/ designer now.

Old
JAA

Default 07-11-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich0e0rick View Post
so your using a Mac I presume? The functions that figure out the mouse movements don't work on the mac version of Alice. Part of the reason I got a windows partition. I'm currently on my Mac partition, so I'm going to look at your worlds tomorrow alright?

I should have stated this is a Windows only world. I wish they would debug the Mac version of Alice, Some of the functions don't even work half the time! oh well.

Rick
Yes I am using a Mac. Thank you for telling me this valuable information. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the value of 'mouse distance to left/top edge' was always 'none' no mater what I did. I have a PC but I don't always have access to it, and my Windows partition no longer works, that's why I do most of my work on the Mac. Anyways, I tested Prehistoric Showdown on Windows and it works just fine, in fact even better. I will test most of my games on both OSes. I even have Ubuntu. Maybe I'll put Alice on that.

Alright, I tested your game on a PC running Vista. I'm not very good at it, but every thing works and looks great. My only suggestion is that you add sound effects. I have some if you want I can send them to you. Things like gunshots, specifically machine gun.

Out of the 7 schools I applied for, Carnegie Mellon is the only one that didn't accept me. They wait listed me, but I hold no grudges. Alice is awesome and Claytronics , om*g. Some one should figure out how to put these two projects together. It would revolutionize not only the gaming industry, but the world... scratch that, the Universe... scratch that, the Multiverse!

Last edited by JAA; 07-12-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Old
jediaction

Default 07-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich0e0rick View Post
what the heck are you talking about jedi? you never made anything close to this. I figured this out by myself thank you very much. I'd like to see YOU try and make something like this.

stop trying to look good. Its getting on peoples nerves.
Um, the plane system, i made that. Look it up its a system i made for some one else, yours is similar. Why so mad?

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Jedi he was mmad because the phrasing of your post could have been precieved as cocky.

Old
dubastot

Default 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Yours kinda sucks compared to his jedi. His is more accurate and the jet moves more realistically.

I'm a web developer/ designer now.

Old
jediaction

Default 07-12-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubastot View Post
Yours kinda sucks compared to his jedi. His is more accurate and the jet moves more realistically.
I did not make it into a game, just a quick system someone could use. Thats all..

Last edited by jediaction; 04-06-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Old
Dameria

Default 07-12-2010, 06:29 PM

He sounds pretty calm to me, looks like hes just stating a point.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
room14

Default 07-12-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Um, the plane system, i made that. Look it up its a system i made for some one else, yours is similar. Why so mad?
I think yours was different is it this one?http://www.alice.org/community/showt...t=mouse&page=2

:D

Old
jediaction

Default 07-13-2010, 11:16 AM

Yah but i had it made

Old
rich0e0rick

Default 07-15-2010, 08:26 PM

I was trying to state that each time I have to read "Not that good, add better guns" or "Just do it the way I did it in this/this game" makes me want to teach you better manners. When I read (In the version that I was reading between the lines)
Quote:
"Cool, you used code that you obviously stole from me, since if I keep saying stuff like that, I'll look smarter, right? who cares if I hurt feelings right?"
I decided to use rather pointed language.

Sorry about that

on another point, what do you mean by
Quote:
Yah but I had it made
Rick

im back!!! FINNALY!!! got windows working on my mac again!!!