Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Suggestion Box

Smoke, Lightning, Flame Animation
Old
KaiChang

Default Smoke, Lightning, Flame Animation - 11-02-2009, 08:13 PM

I think we need to add a more 3'd smoke appearence in our objects because the 2-d does not look that amazing (it is amazing but to a certain degree.)
When you put the smoke or flames on the airplanes, when the crash you can see there just like paper smoke. This would greatly allow the animations to be far more entertaining and realistic.
Also, the lightning is great for the background, but when you turn it, not so much. The black background does not help as much.

Overall, the objects are great.

Thanks,
Kai

PS: No poll for this one.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM

Honestly, I just work with the 2-d smoke as it is. If you have it turn to face the camera before it appears (easily inserted into the smoke.smokecycle method), you can't even tell it's 2-d (unless you pass through it).

(')>

Wow
Old
InconspicuousBarrel

Thumbs up Wow - 11-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Wow, that's actually a pretty good idea.

Pertaining to the original topic: Yes, smoke/cloud animation would be cool.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM

I've actually been working on some nice 2-d special effects (similar to the smoke object already in the special effects gallery) for use in Alice, like explosions and such, but I was going to wait awhile before posting it (I'm using a bunch of them in RP4 and I wanted it to be a surprise for those who play it).

(')>

Thanks for the comments
Old
KaiChang

Default Thanks for the comments - 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM

I look forward to seeing RP4. Thanks for all the comments.
2D though like in some projects, they put the smoke all over. (ex: helicopter crashing)
when is spirals, you can see its 2d, just to make it 3d to make it seem easier. like not a box, but more of a random lines thing.

Ty guys (barrel and x95iiii),
Kai

Old
Delpenator

Default 12-13-2009, 12:03 AM

Maybe you can create an infinite loop where the smoke must always face you? That way, you may have to do it for each puff of smoke, but it would still look 3d-ish like Mr.X said.

Old
Dameria

Default 12-13-2009, 08:52 AM

If you checked my latest version of Tank, where the helicopter crashes, you will notice that the smoke turns to face you while the helicopter is crashing and when it is crashed on the ground. I also fixed the bug where you can only kill the guys once. There is a link in my signature for page 2 of Tank where you can download it.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Wedding Favors?
Old
CraigPaul

Default Wedding Favors? - 03-10-2011, 02:01 AM

I'm looking for "mini-Wind Chimes" to give as my wedding favors.
They are probably about 5 inches long...Metal, steel. Does any body know where I can order them online? I feel like every site I visit doesn't have them. Thanks! Any other suggestions for wedding favors are welcome!

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 03-21-2011, 01:11 AM

Needs support for ribbons and particles, ha. That'd solve all of these problems.

Old
David B

Default 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM

This may not work because I have never tried it, but if you save the texture maps for the 2D fire animation, use one of the models from the "Shapes" gallery, import the fire animation texture maps, and create a method for the model similar to the fire animation method it may work. Once again, this may not work because I have never bothered to try it.