Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
falcolobo

Default 10-02-2010, 03:29 PM

No problem, I appreciate though. And how do you make your own object in Alice? No one answered my previous thread. Scratch that which biturn should I download to convert .MAX into an alice object? They said on the alice website that it should work

Last edited by falcolobo; 10-02-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: More info and more help needed

Don't need biturn
Old
debussybunny563

Arrow Don't need biturn - 10-02-2010, 06:30 PM

If you're using .MAX, I believe that you don't need biturn, as 3DSMax already has the capability built in to export as .ASE.

However, I don't use Max, so I can't say for sure; I'm just going off what the website says.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 10-02-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: x2495jjjj hahaha

Old
falcolobo

Default 10-04-2010, 10:21 AM

Will Biturn convert .MAX into alice objects? I downloaded it and I have no clue on how to use it....

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-04-2010, 11:55 AM

Not at all. Nothing but 3ds max reads .max objects cause it's a proprietary format and making a reader of it is illegal (not to mention too difficult to make it worth the trouble).

Biturn converts nearly all open formats of model, though, like 3ds, obj, ase, and so on. Ase is the format you want, so find a model that's in a format Biturn can read, open it in biturn, then select the format you want from the dropdown menu on the left, then hit the convert button.

Old
falcolobo

Angry 10-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Yeah, I figured it out the hard way. Thing is that I have a object file use it on bit-run...yet the preview looks nothing like it. This is the url of the object I want to use: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/gundam-3ds/404743

*I downloaded the obj file.

So I download it, extract it, put it through Biturn, convert it, import it...but it doesn't work....

Tags
camera angle, game, move an object, variable