Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

First person shooter
Old
TobiasBerenson

Default First person shooter - 09-18-2009, 10:05 PM

I am working on a first person shooter, but so far the problem that i have is keeping the camera on staying in the point of view of my character. I have set it up so that
while the character isShown is equal to true set the point of view of the camera to the goggles of the Ranger

the problem is that it will allow the character to move, then move the camera. I havent had any flashes of brilliance. ideas?
thanks in advance.

Old
fry1020

Default reply - 09-19-2009, 02:10 PM

Hey believe it or not, I am making a first-person game too. Let me give you a tip that should help. Click on "Camera" in the object tree. Then on the "properties" tab in the details panel, go to the tile that's called "vehicle", and set vehicle to the head (or top) of the character used. When setting a vehicle, you set an object to link to another object. For example, if you see an object that has more than one part, then you know that all individual objects are set vehicles to the main object. Hope it works for you!!

Tags
game, highschool, person, shooter