Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

repeating a section of a method with a parameter?
Old
yessir

Question repeating a section of a method with a parameter? - 02-26-2010, 02:17 PM

So I have this walking method for one of the fairy characters, and its broken into three major sections - the beginning of the walk (which opens the legs), the continued walk (the part i want to loop), and the end of the walk (which brings the legs back together). I don't want to break this method up into three separate methods, so i was wondering if there was some way i could just loop one SECTION of this method with a parameter, so when later in the animation i want to change how far or how long the character walks i can change the amount of times her steps are looped with the parameter from the "my world first method".

Old
zonedabone

Default 02-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Sure! Create a number parameter, naming it what you want. Now drag that parameter into the loop where it asks how many time to loop. PRESTO! All done!

'Apple Macintosh' - An anagram of 'Complaints Heap'

M.A.C.I.N.T.O.S.H. - Machine Always Crashes, If Not, The Operating System Hangs.

You're *such* a mac person.

Tags
loop, method, parameter, walk, walking