Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

View Poll Results: What do you think i should do?
start again 0 0%
try to fix the problem 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Alice crashing unexpectedly
Old
Xylophonejoe

Angry Alice crashing unexpectedly - 11-18-2014, 10:28 AM

I am having a problem where if i click on a certain button (see image)animation 15 picture.jpg a window pops up (unfortunately i have no picture of this) but it says that alice has encountered a problem, and i should report this problem on the forum. Any ideas on what is happening, and how to fix it? Oh, and i have tried uninstalling and re-installing alice, and i have tried on three different computers. I am using alice 3

Last edited by Xylophonejoe; 11-18-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Old
AliceAndConnor

Lightbulb 11-18-2014, 12:24 PM

Hello! I think I might know what it is, but I'm not quite sure. Does this just happen with a specific world, or does this happen with even a new world, too? Very weird... Maybe emailing don@alice.org might help since Don Slater is the lead programmer at Alice!
If that doesn't work and it does just get that error for that one specific world, is the camera vehicling something and that object is vehicling the camera? Because I do know that in Alice 2 when ever I run a world with that kind of code, it'll give me an error message when I run the world. But the way it was crashing on your thing was because you pressed that drop-down button for the camera.
Sorry if this wasn't too much help... But if all of the above fails, Alice 3 is still in Beta stages so maybe this is a bug that could possibly be fixed in the future?

Connor + Alice Forever! (-:

Have a nice day!

Also, I've been gone for a really long time, more than I can even remember and am now going to be way more active! :-D

r.e. connor
Old
Xylophonejoe

Default r.e. connor - 11-18-2014, 12:29 PM

Thanks ,
This seems to only be happening in a specific world. I cant change the vehicle though, to see if that is the problem, since that is the problem in the first place! I will deffinitely get in touch with the alice dev though.

Thanks, Joe

Old
Xylophonejoe

Default 11-18-2014, 12:31 PM

Oh sorry i misread ur reply. No the script doesnt have any vehicling involved in it.

Tags
crash, crashing, encountered a problem, error