Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Asteroids clone
Old
Apples

Lightbulb Asteroids clone - 11-13-2006, 11:17 AM

I made an asteroids game for my class project, here it is. Please post any feedback you have and if you use this, please give credit where needed. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Asteroids.a2w (709.4 KB, 883 views)

Last edited by Apples; 11-20-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Lot better than I've done...
Old
Shadow Sovereign

Cool Lot better than I've done... - 11-14-2006, 07:10 PM

Wow..... you must have a lot of free time on your hands! This is really good! It's a heck of a lot better than any of my programs (but then again, I'm still learnin' this program in school ).

Keep up the good work.... I would love to see any creative works in the community!

Old
Apples

Default 11-15-2006, 10:35 AM

Heh heh, thanks. I made this in a couple days during my class, where we're learning Alice also. I bet if you put your mind to it, you could create something just as good ;P I'll be sure to release another game sometime soon.

Last edited by Apples; 11-15-2006 at 10:54 AM.

lol
Old
Ansem

Default lol - 11-15-2006, 10:59 AM

lol your game sucks so much! Its like a pile of poop! ...heh jk your game is acually really good. My galaga game is pretty good I think, I'll post it soon.

Old
Che

Default 11-15-2006, 12:16 PM

It's ok, the code is "snappy" it's just you should be able to move faster, and you can still shoot after you die, So I died and then got a score of like 20. Good luck with future projects.

Old
DrJim

Default 11-15-2006, 06:11 PM

I'll echo some of the other comments - very nice graphics and a smooth playing game. I did have a bit of trouble figuring out the score and wasn't sure whether it should increase after I was dead - haven't played the game in a long time.

Shadow Sovereign - also liked your world - it's a shame you lost the .a2w file, I would have enjoyed seeing it. How did you get the "Rising Sun" effect in the sky?

Old
Apples

Default 11-16-2006, 10:47 AM

Okay, I have fixed the bugs that you have mentioned. The updated version of the game is included in this reply, as well as the first post. I also thought about adding in a 'booster' that would shoot your ship forward rapidly, but you could only use it a fixed amount of times, such as 3. Does this seem like a good idea?

Last edited by Apples; 11-20-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Old
Fo_H@wk

Default 11-16-2006, 11:29 AM

hey great game just one thing though. I was playing it and the score stopped at 15. so you might want to change that.

Old
Apples

Default 11-16-2006, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I haven't added support for a score higher than 15 yet. After that, I think I'm adding a splash screen.

Old
Fo_H@wk

Default 11-16-2006, 11:42 AM

alright and one more thing. there are some spots to the left where you can just sit and not get hit by astroids. make sure the astroids are coming in strong from the left, because currently there is a blind spot.