Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

How did you find out about Alice?
Old
BigOrangeArmy

Talking How did you find out about Alice? - 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM

How did you personally get turned on to Alice? Were you introduced by a friend? Did you find it online while web-surfing? How did you find out about Alice?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-19-2009, 04:36 PM

It was recommended to me by my awesome Java teacher when I was taking an independent study class. I told her I wanted a way to make games and movies more easily than I could using Java, and she recommended a program she'd just heard of: Alice.

Reading a book...
Old
LadyReyna

Default Reading a book... - 10-20-2009, 02:11 PM

I found out about Alice by reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. It is an incredible book and touched my life in more ways than just finding a great, FREE, resource for teaching my students.

Old
MuqiTechNerd

Default 10-20-2009, 11:55 PM

We have a program called CHAMPS in my middle school. I started last year and I've come a long way since then. I basically taught myself with trial and error. Now I've been feeling pretty confident about my skills at Alice until I joined here and I realized that I am nothing compared to some of you guys....

Old
Dameria

Default 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM

I just learned about it a few weeks ago. I am taking an Intro to Computer Programming course using Java, and our teacher told us to use Alice to better understand how programming works, and the complex ways of thinking to make simple things work. Once I used it on the school's computer, I downloaded it at my house and now I have made some of my own projects.

Old
pancake

Default 10-23-2009, 09:14 PM

My advanced middle school teacher told us about it. We've been using Scratch for about a year and our teacher showed us this "Alice". We were amazed by it because Scratch was just 2d stuff and not very java-like.

Old
Chris101b

Default 10-24-2009, 01:29 AM

I had a High school computer class in which we started using it. As I got more familiar with the program, I started straying away from the assignments to make movies of my own. My first big movie was a recreation of the Halo 3 announcement trailer. Lol, those were good times.

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Old
blootow

Default 10-24-2009, 01:33 AM

Another parent told us about it.

Old
Trail Mix

Default 10-24-2009, 08:53 PM

I found out at my Computer Science class. It was actually the first program the class was working with, so we had a good introduction to it.

Old
Dameria

Default 10-24-2009, 08:53 PM

Posting in same exact minute as trail mix!! 9:53.

Sorry, I know its a waste of a post, but what are the chances you can make a post in the same exact minute as another one was made? I think I made Alice Forum history lol.