Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 3 > How Do I?

Old
meirs

Default 02-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larslem View Post
Could you send me the source files for me to translate them and I could return the for you to recompile? Or have you put some restrictions on distributing the source? Norwegian is a language spoken by very few(5 million), and should probably not be prioritized.

Lars
This is just little less than the population of Israel, and still there's a Hebrew version, so don't loose hope
I can't send the sources from two reasons: a commercial one (to protect the source) and a complication one (the build process is quite complex). BTW, how many Alice users you estimate are in Norway?

Old
larslem

Default 02-03-2010, 11:39 AM

I have no idea. There aren't any community for Alice here.
Maybe 90% of the kids have a computer at home and all schools do, so there are at least potensials.

Mama new release - 1.5.3
Old
meirs

Default Mama new release - 1.5.3 - 03-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Mama version 1.5.3 is out! this version has some magnificent improvements:
* enabled Python scripting, in addition to Mama scripting (a configuration parameter, see the documentation at http://en.eytam.com/mama/doc for details)
* added support for encrypted standalone (a configuration parameter) - encrypted standalones cannot be edited by any IDE
* improved the Mama scripting integration with the IDE objects - the documentation contains scripting help and samples.

Also, it contains some bug fixes (3D text layout bug, script tiles bug).

Enjoy!

Mama is an Alice On Steroids with YouTube uploader, 3d object creator, tutorial editor, and standalone support:
http://www.eytam.com/mama

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM

Excellent! Mama is rapidly becoming the perfect program Alice was supposed to be, great work meirs!

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 03-22-2010, 10:09 AM

I dont wanna buy it so i cant use it. My trial is up and i cant get another

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Conditionals in Mama
Old
meirs

Default Conditionals in Mama - 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM

In addition to the already known improvements, there are some other time & annoyance saving tips while working with Mama. One of those is the conditional instructions drag-n-drop: when you drag a conditional - that is an 'if/else' or a 'while' - and drop it over the editing area, all the possible available boolean expressions are collected and displayed in a popup menu.

For example, suppose you have a world property n1(number), and you want to run a while loop while n1 is positive, you can select from the popup menu the appropriate logic operator (in Alice you'd have to set it first to either 'true' or 'false', then you'd open the World math functions, and drag-n-drop the appropriate logic operator). Also, if you have in the current scope a boolean property, it will show up right in the conditional popup menu (no need to scroll into another 'expressions' menu).

The same holds for array logical and numerical operations - you can drag-n-drop arrays of any type into a boolean expression tile - a popup menu will let you compare the array with another, or compare any of its elements with other values. in Alice it's quite cumbersome, and in some cases impossible - I couldn't figure out how to compare a non-numerical array (e.g. string array) length with any numerical value.

I found these improvements very helpful for myself, and rather natural.

Mama is an Alice On Steroids with YouTube uploader, 3d object creator, tutorial editor, and standalone support:

Mama new version - 1.5.4
Old
meirs

Default Mama new version - 1.5.4 - 05-10-2010, 02:06 AM

A new version of Mama, 1.5.4, is available for download from
http://en.eytam.com/mama

This version includes many improvements for scripting - better integration with the world's objects and with the 3D scene, and with intellisense support.

Also, within this version a free IDE is bundled, for developing Mama language scripts and programs, with intellisense and debugging support.

Old
jediaction

Default 05-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Hey meirs, i never got that code for Mama, i still cant use it because i need to buy it you said i would get a code in pm a month ago but i never did

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 05-10-2010, 03:12 PM

Hey meirs I want to ask you about trial software. Is the trial info stored in thw windows registry or do programs store it in a file. I have never been able to figure that out and was trying to cheat sony(to be honest). I figured it was a stupid idea because it would take forever to finaly delete the right entry or file but I would like to know where it is actualy stored.

Old
meirs

Default 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM

I guess the cheapest way to break a license is by purchasing it well that's true at least for Mama.
Typically, applications use a combination of registry, file system and network information for license protection.