Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Need FPS help
Old
SkyWater94

Default Need FPS help - 12-03-2010, 07:29 PM

Hey guys, I've finally started working with Alice after a while and I came up with some ideas. I am trying to work with a FPS and I got some great gun models. However I need help. If some of you Alice Experts can help me, I have a few questions to ask:

1. I seen on some first person shooter Alice Games where the camera is controlled by moving the mouse. How can I do this?

2. Im also having problems with making a gun fire. Im wondering how i can make the bullet enter and exit the gun. And for automatic weapons Im wondering how i can keep the gun firing until i let go of the mouse.

Old
SirThorfinn

Default 12-03-2010, 08:32 PM

For the mouse movement thing i don't know how to do that but there are some example worlds with this you can base off of if you like.
For the auto fire thing you can create a world event "when the mouse is clicked on something" and then right click the event and turn it into "while the mouse is clicked on something". tell me how that works out for yea.

/|..__________________/\_
/ `---___________----_____|]-------<BLAM>------>
/_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

<Youtube Page> (Not much there but maybe something you'll like) http://www.youtube.com/user/SirThorfinn?feature=mhum
<Xbox Live Gamertag> SirThorfinn

-----Friend of Thor-------------------------------------------
-----Spartans NEVER Die------------------------------------
All most anything on SirThorfinn is me... Almost.

Old
SkyWater94

Default 12-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirThorfinn View Post
For the mouse movement thing i don't know how to do that but there are some example worlds with this you can base off of if you like.
For the auto fire thing you can create a world event "when the mouse is clicked on something" and then right click the event and turn it into "while the mouse is clicked on something". tell me how that works out for yea.
I dont get it... Can you say that in more detail?

Old
RealBigFish

Default 12-08-2010, 09:18 AM

In the "Events" window on the top right, click on the new events button, and then hit "When a key is typed." Then, right click the event that reads "When [Any Key] is typed, do [Nothing]" and hit "Change to while a key is pressed".

From there, you get 3 options: Begin, During and End. Play around with this, and I'm sure you can figure it out. Hope I helped!