Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Changing Object Properties
Old
simka

Default Changing Object Properties - 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM

I'm sure this is buried somewhere in the forum (I'm new to the Alice community so I'm happy to take in as much advice as possible) but I'm trying to change a number of properties on a single object.

1. Color: I find that when I ask Alice to change the color of a particular part of an object (or the entire object), it looks like it's putting an overlay of the color on top of the original color properties the object had. How would I go about changing a color entirely?

2. Re-sizing: I find that if I try and change the size of objects that it doesn't do so in relation to the environment around it. For example, if I try to change the size of a wheel, it does not stay in proportion to the ground. If I try changing the size of a hand, it does not stay in proportion to an arm.

Like I said, I'm sure this information is elsewhere so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very appreciative.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 01-20-2013, 09:19 AM

In changing colors the object's texture is probably getting in the way. If you remove texture on objects or sub objects then the color will work.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 01-20-2013, 09:29 AM

When resizing an object or sub-object by default the size changes relative to the object's or sub-object's center. If you want a car to look like it is on the ground while changing the tire size, you need to move the car up or down as the tire size is changing.
Mark

Old
HaloMike117

Default 01-29-2013, 11:30 AM

Simply confirming what chickentree has posted. Read over his posts and if you still need help feel free to post!