Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Rings + Motorboat for Final Project
Old
TheDarkTwins

Default Rings + Motorboat for Final Project - 04-29-2009, 09:09 PM

I am having a serious issues with this.

I have a program where a Motorboat goes through rings. However, I want the rings to roll twice and then disappear when the Motorboat goes through it. However so far I have been unsuccessful.

My code is the following and if anyone could help me fix this I would be greatly appreciative as it is for my final project and it is very frustrating to work on something for 5 hours and not see any change. The distance 2 meters might need to be more, but I don't want it spinning and disappearing before it goes through the rings which is another issue all together, so if you can help me fix it so it does that, that would be awesome as well.

If Motorboat is within 2 meters of torus.
-Do In Order
Torus roll left 2 revolutions duration 2 seconds
Torus set opacity to 0% duration (Whatever the max time is)
Else
Do Nothing

I am not sure what is wrong with it, but I can't for the life of me get the rings to spin or disappear so as stated before if someone can give me a solution to my issue that would be great.

Thanks,
Drew

Old
HisWorld

Default 04-30-2009, 11:39 AM

I'm guessing you got the inspiration from one of the alice examples?

If you didn't, there is an alice game file, that typically comes with a new install of alice, with rings and an airplane. I would suggest looking at that code and comparing it to what you have.

Last edited by HisWorld; 04-30-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: poor grammar