Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Combination lock exercise
Old
mf1782

Default Combination lock exercise - 07-13-2013, 02:32 PM

Hey gang, I just finished creating the combination lock exercise (PP1.2 in the book). After going over the "Try this" exercises in the book, it allowed me to quickly and successfully complete PP1.2. I see in the development that you have to make incremental changes, then select "play", watch what happens, go back and make more incremental changes, watch, etc. until you fine tune your movements or positioning. I can see it will take A LOT of trial and error to configure what you'll need done.

Well, now on to assignment 3, chapter 2.

Good Luck all!

Old
ChrisDavidson

Default 07-13-2013, 10:13 PM

I just finished mine too but I went with PP1.6, the lunar landing. I would say the hardest part was tuning the lander so it would rest nicely on the surface during the decent. Instead of going through the ground. All in all was pretty fun. Looking forward to the next part!

Ditto
Old
eug3n10

Default Ditto - 07-19-2013, 07:55 PM

I did the same project you did, the combination lock, and found it did indeed take some trial and error. I'm glad to hear I was not the only one. I really enjoy being able to put in different methods to see how they differ from each other, I had to do this briefly in order to find the appropriate method to make the dial turn and not the whole lock.