Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

A New Alice Book
Old
hardnett

Smile A New Alice Book - 10-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Hi,

I wanted to make everyone aware that I have written a book about making virtual worlds using Alice:

This book shows teens how to develop virtual 3D worlds using the simple, visual programming language, Alice. Virtual worlds can take the form of animated stories, movies, and games. Readers will learn step-by-step how to create virtual worlds, including developing their story, setting up their world, adding and animating characters, and sharing their world with others. They'll even discover how to add strategy to their worlds so they can be used as interactive stories or games. Written in clear language using projects to teach new skills, the book is easy to follow at the reader's individual pace. The newest version of the Alice software is included on the accompanying CD-Rom.

I offer this book as just another way for someone to learn to program computers using Alice. I think Alice is a great tool for introducing students and adults to programming. I think my book is a nice addition to the collection of available Alice books by providing some tips and tricks that I have used over the years with students in my summer camp. I hope that you take a look and enjoy the book. It is my first book, and so I am very eager to hear feedback on how it could be improved. For more details:

Publishers Site: http://www.delmarlearning.com/browse...8505&cat1ID=GD

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Virtual-World-.../dp/1598638505

It's also available at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.

Best Regards,

Charles Hardnett

Old
lanceA

Default 10-25-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardnett View Post
Hi,

I wanted to make everyone aware that I have written a book about making virtual worlds using Alice:

Best Regards,

Charles Hardnett
I just purchased the book off of Amazon.com. It should be delivered this Thursday. I will be interested in the contents of the CD and how I might use it in class.

Thank you for the alert.

Old
gabe
Administrator

Default 10-26-2009, 12:20 PM

I will order a copy for the Alice lab. Thanks for letting us and the community know about your new book.

Just ordered your book...
Old
Turntable

Thumbs up Just ordered your book... - 10-31-2009, 01:29 PM

I look forward to reading it. It's nice to have the author on the forum for comments and questions etc. g

Tags
alice, education, instruction, programming tips, textbook