Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Dead Lab - Horror Game
Old
jediaction

Default Dead Lab - Horror Game - 08-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Enter the haunting world of Dead Lab, the latest First Person Shooter from ever growing developers Chrome Games.

Dead Lab is a short but creepy zombie apocalyptic story about a man who wakes only to find himself as the last survivor in an infected laboratory.

You wake alone deep underground in Uni Lab 6. You are contacted by an unnamed man who offers to help you escape the deep and dead halls of the lab.

As you wander through the halls of Uni Lab 6, you discover the horrors of the events that occurred before your wake.

With the unnamed mans help and your instincts, you have one goal and one goal only; escape.

Featuring fully animated cinematic sequences, haunting music, and a unique setting, Dead Lab delivers an experience that will keep you awake at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3MecbMizB4 is where you can find the download link and the survey. SPOILERS...

Dead Lab Download Links:

Windows 64bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?77vdvlo3e3iaeuv V1.3.1
Windows 32bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?i3w9zm03odmqaf3 V1.3.1
Mac OS: http://www.mediafire.com/?jo14a62h4hi7ybj V1.3.1

Dead Lab Updates and Changes Log (Latest Update Only)

February 19th 2013 Update:

Version 1.3.1 Changes:

New instructions on shooting barrel
Instructions to stand up after vent
improved weapon positioning
Minor level geometry changes
Ability to reach second floor without stairs

Bug Fixes:

None

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by jediaction; 02-19-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Old
beachbum111111

Default 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM

Its not one of those "Win a free iPod touch" surveys is it?

"Don't lead me into temptation I can find it myself"

Old
jediaction

Default 08-02-2012, 09:40 AM

Not at all. It's a survey so I can see what everyone thought about the game. I use that information to make the game better.

Last edited by jediaction; 08-16-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 08-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Hey. I'm not going to download the game (sorry, I just don't have permission to go off and download every other game lol) but from what I saw with the video I am very impressed. It's not groundbreaking technology, but I think that high-graphical quality is something HIGHLY overrated in games. You just need graphics engine that looks good enough and makes the game play well. You good the lighting done well, however the voice acting is probably my primary concern with a game of this genre. Not only is it sort of "meh" (no offense, I understand exactly why you couldn't get real voice actors, I have that same problem) but in a survival horror I think people like games like RE1-2 etc. Slow pacing, scary, hard, and that sense of being alone. That means no side characters telling them were their supposed to go. They know they are supposed to get out of there, because they walk around and find out they don't really like it all that much

And when the character talks to himself, that is also something I think I would rather have to think in my head. Especially since he just seems to be stating the obvious lol.

Other then that it's better then I could do with Unity and I'm glad to see you moving on from Alice into more advanced work!

Old
jediaction

Default 08-03-2012, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the opinions, but yes, the graphics are getting upgraded soon. I did the best I can without good modeling skills or Unity Pro. A new graphics update will be coming shortly so stay tuned. The feel of the game wasn't "all alone, scary, and hard." I was mainly going for creepy/scary and alone. Hard...meh, not my concern. It's just a demo anyway. It's a test project to see if people would play this if it was a full game. Btw, you can't download it because you are not allowed?

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 08-04-2012, 09:32 AM

Yes I can't download because I'm not aloud. I think that if you made a version in a browser window via Unity Web Player then I could play

Also, I felt like the graphics were fine for the game. Just be careful when upgrading, as my computer isn't the greatest so I might not be able to play the game lol. Again, another reason why I believe graphics are highly overrated, just so long as you can tell what the objects in the game are and you're able to set the proper mood the graphics are fine.

I am thinking about starting up Unity again, but I want to cover everything I would need to know before downloading. I know I would need basic modeling experience and texturing experience. But what scripting would I need. I think you need either C#, Javascript or... Boo? idk what it is exactly. So basically what did you have to learn to make this and did you use any pre-existing scripts or copied online scripts, because I would prefer to do everything from scratch for my projects.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Old
jediaction

Default 08-04-2012, 10:12 AM

Java Script and C# are good to use. Btw, I can't make the game work in web player, it's to big. It's complicated to. More more went into that game than most people think.

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 08-04-2012, 06:26 PM

I totally understand what you mean. Especially on my level, when I'll spend forever making a puny little 2D java game, thinking it's the greatest thing in the world, only to be let down by harsh criticism etc.

But if it really is that big then that pretty much rules out me downloading it. Sorry.

Old
jediaction

Default 08-05-2012, 07:01 AM

k, but I'm not getting any harsh criticism. You are a bit confusing. The graphics are not that bad, and they will be getting an update soon. I don't know about a new video, but it will be updated.

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 08-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Oh whatever.

It's an online thing. It's hard to communicate exactly what we mean by using only text.