Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 2
Old
Ylu

Default Assignment 2 - 07-14-2015, 11:50 PM

Was asked to pick a programming project and started out doing the 1st one but after about an 1.5 hrs of trying to figure out which methods of the composite object I should use for a specific task, I decided to go ahead and do another project. As of now I know I am struggling a bit with finding out how to make things... animals and people object do what I want. I need more practice and time to review sources.

I choose to do the assignment with the lock due to lack of multiple objects needed. It was fairly simple for me compared to the #1, the penguin project. I find the less objects I need to focus on the simpler it is for me to do.

Old
MrMoke

Default 07-15-2015, 08:15 AM

Past experience would indicate that each project pulls from techniques that were discussed in the current, or previous, lessons.

When creating a new method for a character, it is quite often necessary to combine many different commands for different parts into "doInOrder" and "doTogether" constructs.

your main task is to master the language first, then the project.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w simple.a2w (480.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by MrMoke; 07-15-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Old
smileysand

Default 07-16-2015, 10:17 PM

I found it pretty easy to complete multiple functions at the same time. I added walking and flapping wings together. The actions seem somewhat easy. I was unsure how my circle kept on going under the icy lake. I played around with the properties until it moved on top of the icy lake. Did you and the trees and/or kept it simple?

Old
Ylu

Default 07-16-2015, 10:39 PM

I also had the circle and lake problem but through trial and error I got it. I'm in need of practice.

In general, I need to be able to do something once or twice then it comes easy. I found the lake activity frustrating. Especially with the issue of getting specific objects to move and others not to. I've sort of figured that out but there are still issues.