Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Plato adventure help
Old
Kianna Velene

Default Plato adventure help - 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM

Hi me again. I'm having a little more trouble with my plato world.

I remember Veryuhbull showing me a project with an array of individuals moving together or separately. I initially knew how to do some of that, but I've been having problems recently trying to remember here's my world in the current form and my array is in the north adventure.
I was trying to make the kitties wag their tails at the same time, but clueless and I think there's a better way that I can do it.
P.S. Why is it so hard to get the camera angle back to where I had it in this program. Been trying for like ten minutes to get the angle back to where the compass was and plato were blocking the kitties.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w plato.a2w (6.06 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by Kianna Velene; 07-21-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Old
Kianna Velene

Default 07-21-2009, 10:32 AM

updated

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 07-21-2009, 11:38 AM

Hello again.

I am assuming this is all involving the north quest and the mission is to get the bottle. Some things you are doing here would be better not on an array. (It looks like you were trying to simulate random motion.) Frankly I have no idea what i am suppose to do as the player.

I inmproved on/solved the camera problem and tried to move things in the direction I am guessing you want them to move.

Have you ever thought about group the many items in this world. (right click in the item list, click new group, drag and drop.)

For the record: cats tend to wag their tails when they are angry.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w plato.a2w (6.23 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by Veryuhbull; 07-21-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Old
Kianna Velene

Default 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM

Yes when plato approaches the cat that has the bottle it should become visible, but it doesn't. For some reason I'm having visibilty issues with my north and east quests. I was asked by someone to have them in an array which is why I used it I wouldn't have bothered with it otherwise.
For North, and West it should play on its own, but the only manual thigns you have to do are for South and East.

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 07-21-2009, 05:31 PM

vehicle the bottle to the cat. and use a while command with the if/else.

My computer is bugging right now so I can't upload the thing.

Last edited by Veryuhbull; 07-21-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Old
Kianna Velene

Default 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Do you mean use both while and if/else?
and I already have the bottle vehicled to one of the cats. cat6.
Hrmm. Well do you mean like this? I did it, but still nothing is disappearing.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w plato.a2w (6.09 MB, 4 views)

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 07-21-2009, 09:46 PM

I can't even figure out if the north thing is supposed to be a movie or interactive. if it is a moive then just preprogram the thing each step at a time. No ifs no while no loops.

If it is ineractive you need to clean up the method and actions of the cats. As it stands the problem may be the plato character is not close enought to the bottle (which is not even on the cat.)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 07-22-2009, 12:05 PM

As a helpful note, there are things in Alice called Dummy Objects which can save the EXACT position and angle of your camera. To drop one, just go to the "More Controls>>" button on right side of the Add Objects menu. Then, click the "Drop Dummy At Camera" button. This will create a new folder called Dummy Objects and an onject inside the folder called Dummy. You can now move the camera anywhere and come back to the original instantly either by clicking the "Move Camera To Dummy" dropdown menu and selecting it, or by right clicking the camera in the item tree on left of the screen, selecting Methods, then selecting "Set Point Of View To Dummy"

Hope that wasn't confusing.

(')>

Old
Kianna Velene

Default 07-23-2009, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the help. I'm just having a couple of technical issues left. i managed to get the objects to disappear, but now I'm adding a feature to allow the player to go on another adventure without having to restart. I managed for it to work okay for a couple of directions, but the South method is kind of funky. You can see that sky gets in the way of the scenery and when you press spacebar to return, my character's arms are still sticking up and when I tried capturing his original pose, his leg would cut off

???
Attached Files
File Type: a2w plato.a2w (6.65 MB, 5 views)

Old
Kianna Velene

Default 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM

update