Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Object Variable List Help
Old
nickster654

Default Object Variable List Help - 04-17-2011, 07:10 PM

ok so i am making an astroids game, and i have 8 mini astroids, i dont want to make a method for EVERyONE saying if triangle is within one meter of astroid; die, how do i make a object list so that if triangle is within 1 metor of any astroid, die

Old
kompsci

Default 04-17-2011, 07:55 PM

you would need to create a method that contains an infinite loop, within that loop you need to cycle through the index i of objects with the for each statement and use an if statement to see if whatever is within the threshold of object at index i. then make the method run when the world starts and it should continually check for collision

Old
nickster654

Default 04-17-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kompsci View Post
you would need to create a method that contains an infinite loop, within that loop you need to cycle through the index i of objects with the for each statement and use an if statement to see if whatever is within the threshold of object at index i. then make the method run when the world starts and it should continually check for collision
uhm, what? show me an example please

Old
kompsci

Default 04-17-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickster654 View Post
uhm, what? show me an example please
i cant really show you an example lol

click world in the panel thats in the top left of the UI, go to methods in the tab list thingy that has "properties" "methods" and "functions" as the tabs. click new method, then drag a loop up from the bottom of the method pane that should have opened when you created a new method. select infinite loop, then put a for each loop inside that loop, and then an if statement.

ohh and i didnt see that you didnt have the list yet

make a list by going to world, then to the properties tab, then new variable, name it, then select object from the radio button, then check make list, and add your asteroids to the list

Last edited by kompsci; 04-17-2011 at 08:29 PM.