Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Trajectory? Help? Please?
Old
jrage91

Post Trajectory? Help? Please? - 09-03-2007, 10:13 PM

Trajectory seems to be even harder to code than collision detection. Does anyone know how I would be able to code a method that would change the distance an object travels based on the angle it leaves the ground.

For example, If {tube} is at a 90 degree angle, the {sphere} would go straight up and then straight down. But the closer to 45 the tube's angle is, the further away the sphere would land. Also, how can i make the speed of the ascending object decrease as it nears the peak of the shot?

PS. I am a newb to the site, and love what i see. Thanks in advance.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 09-04-2007, 07:42 AM

This requires a little more than just hacking a program together. A litle knowledge of physics would help.

Just solve the equations of motion for the projectile and cause it to move in small increments within a loop. Be sure to set the duration parameter to start and stop abruptly so that it won't appear to move in short increments.

Old
jrage91

Default 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM

That should work fine actually. I can't beleive I didn't think of that... I am retarded. I was going into a crapload of physics trying to figure that out... and yet, completely unneeded. Thank you.

Trajectory
Old
hgs

Default Trajectory - 09-11-2007, 10:51 AM

Alternatively, a bodge might be enough. If you do together {move towards target, and do sequentially { move up, then down}} you might find it is good enough, depending on the realism you need.