Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How can i get a scoreboard to work?
Old
hch44

Default How can i get a scoreboard to work? - 12-31-2008, 01:47 PM

I am having difficulties with getting a scoreboard to work. I am making a game where you move around in a tank and "shoot down" helicopters. After 2 shots at a helicopter it's opacity turns to 0% (first shot to 50% and second shot 0%) and i need to have the score go up 1 each time a helicopter is shot down.

I have tried using variables and putting it as a string in the score board. How can i get this to work?

Last edited by hch44; 01-04-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Re: How can I get a scoreboard to work?
Old
haven812

Default Re: How can I get a scoreboard to work? - 11-22-2010, 05:13 PM

Please post your world so I can see exactly what situation you are in

Old
Blaine

Default 11-22-2010, 05:20 PM

im also having issues with this

im making a "game" where u click zombies and i wanted the game to count the number of zombies clicked (so pretty much score them)

Last edited by Blaine; 11-22-2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: more info

Old
Animat0r

Exclamation 11-24-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch44 View Post
I am having difficulties with getting a scoreboard to work. I am making a game where you move around in a tank and "shoot down" helicopters. After 2 shots at a helicopter it's opacity turns to 0% (first shot to 50% and second shot 0%) and i need to have the score go up 1 each time a helicopter is shot down.

I have tried using variables and putting it as a string in the score board. How can i get this to work?
Ok this is what you do...

Make a text (name it anything it donesn't matter right now) and click the properties tab of the text and drag it into your method. Then click on world-functions- and drag the function that says something like "set text as" into your text on your method. Then make a number variable in world-properties-and create a number variable (set the # at 0). Then when a helicopter is shot down, change the number variable you just created to increment by 1 which will make the text change to 1.

yea may be confusing so if you have questions ask. it would also help if you posted your world and i will do it for you to show you how.

Ooooo i just saw that this guys post was from 2008 so hopefully this will be helpful to someone else.... lol