Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Chapter 7 Excercise 8, Speed Control
Old
LuisN

Default Chapter 7 Excercise 8, Speed Control - 04-16-2010, 03:50 PM

This is very confusing. I try to use loops with infinity but when I click on the medium button it just makes it go faster and faster. I am not completely sure what to do and how to do it.

Also, how the heck do you make things stop! When I use a while loop it just keeps going and going and that's cool, but how do I make them stop, I have tried every FREAKING possible way, I swear to god I will go mad, :/. No one else has been able to get it, well thanks for the help .

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-16-2010, 07:39 PM

I bet you just put your while statement in a method that only gets called once. It must be called constantly in order to be constantly updated on the state of it's conditional argument.

Here's an example world with a bunny that turns left when the Space key is pressed, then stops when it's pressed again. The reason it does this is because there are actually TWO while statements at work: the one which directly spins the rabbit if the variable is true, and the one that constantly calls the spinMethod while the world is running (in the event window).
Attached Files
File Type: a2w WhileExample.a2w (313.9 KB, 108 views)

(')>

Old
LuisN

Default 05-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
I bet you just put your while statement in a method that only gets called once. It must be called constantly in order to be constantly updated on the state of it's conditional argument.

Here's an example world with a bunny that turns left when the Space key is pressed, then stops when it's pressed again. The reason it does this is because there are actually TWO while statements at work: the one which directly spins the rabbit if the variable is true, and the one that constantly calls the spinMethod while the world is running (in the event window).
Thanks!