Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

"Error during simulation."
Old
ichosethehighway

Exclamation "Error during simulation." - 11-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Hello everyone

This is my first post, and I'm working on my first individual project in Alice. I put this together last night and ran it on my work computer, and it was just fine. I saved and closed the world, sent the .a2w file to myself in an email, and when I tried to open it up on my laptop at home, I got an "Error during simulation." message. It happens when world.BunnyMove is running, while the first bunny is kicking. It is now doing the same thing on my computer at work even though it was running just fine last night. Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong with it? I am using Alice 2.2.

Thank you. And please excuse my cheesy program.. it is my first attempt.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w lab10.a2w (2.97 MB, 1 views)

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 12-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Your problem is quite simple. In the method that tells the bunny to kick, the bunny is told to rotate its part called "<None>", and it throws an error because none of the bunnies have a part called "<None>". You should go into that method and replace "<None>" with the name of the part you want to move. I'm not sure why that would change when you e-mail the world though.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Tags
error message, help needed, project