Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

I've got a question for YOU! (Object limitations)
Old
LuisN

Default I've got a question for YOU! (Object limitations) - 04-29-2010, 08:06 PM

Well not so much of a question ,more of a confirmation. Why does Alice have to have a limit on the amount of objects you can put into the world? I am doing a really big project and I have probably got MAYBE 1/8th of the objects that I need are put into it already. But now I figure I have reached my limit, when i try to make an object do something to another object, such as "move toward <object>", this huge menu of items comes up that covers the whole screen and then it cuts off like that the very right, you can see like the first two letters of the object then it cuts off. I thought it would do something like give me an option of "page 2" and start a whole new menu. What is up with that?! Why don't they have a message when Alice loads up saying, "you can only put a limited number of objects in Alice BEWARE", then maybe, JUST MAYBE, some of us might not think of this huge elaborate plan for an Alice world ;_;. I am beginning to dislike Alice. . .

Old
jediaction

Default 04-29-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisN View Post
Well not so much of a question ,more of a confirmation. Why does Alice have to have a limit on the amount of objects you can put into the world? I am doing a really big project and I have probably got MAYBE 1/8th of the objects that I need are put into it already. But now I figure I have reached my limit, when i try to make an object do something to another object, such as "move toward <object>", this huge menu of items comes up that covers the whole screen and then it cuts off like that the very right, you can see like the first two letters of the object then it cuts off. I thought it would do something like give me an option of "page 2" and start a whole new menu. What is up with that?! Why don't they have a message when Alice loads up saying, "you can only put a limited number of objects in Alice BEWARE", then maybe, JUST MAYBE, some of us might not think of this huge elaborate plan for an Alice world ;_;. I am beginning to dislike Alice. . .
I had that problem a couple of years ago. The Alcie team did nto think that some one would mae a game that big. Im with you...WHY!!!!!!!!!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-29-2010, 10:54 PM

Yeah, everyone with a mind creative enough to make a detailed world has that problem. You can shorten the list by right-clicking the white part of the object tree on the upper-left of the screen and create a new object group, then putting similar objects into a group. The only problem is that actually clicking and dragging the objects into the folder is difficult if they're not right next to the folder on the list.

Nice tag, by the way.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 04-30-2010, 09:34 AM

Now WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT> It was like 2-3 years ago so i probably did not know. The only problems with creating groups is your game is more or likely to crash when saving so that solution might not work.

Thanks...
Old
LuisN

Default Thanks... - 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Yeah, everyone with a mind creative enough to make a detailed world has that problem. You can shorten the list by right-clicking the white part of the object tree on the upper-left of the screen and create a new object group, then putting similar objects into a group. The only problem is that actually clicking and dragging the objects into the folder is difficult if they're not right next to the folder on the list.

Awesome tag, by the way.
Thank you SO much. This helped me in so many ways, my object tree is much more neater and I don't have to go scrolling for the objects I need, I can just click the group. ^_^ Thank you so much!

;_;
Old
LuisN

Default ;_; - 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Now WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT> It was like 2-3 years ago so i probably did not know. The only problems with creating groups is your game is more or likely to crash when saving so that solution might not work.
Okay, I'll be sure to look out for tha-... It just crashed :/ Wow, that was fast...

None the less! I have to take the chance of losing data. I really want to finish this project.

Old
jediaction

Default 04-30-2010, 11:51 AM

Ok but if you lost yoru work. I dont say i did not warn you. Have fun, cant wait to see your project. Just remember...when yoru game is really really big

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RENAME ANY!!!!!!OBJECTS or the game will crash.

DO NOT make to many groups or it will also crash, and do not put in and "while" functions

Old
LuisN

Default 04-30-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Ok but if you lost yoru work. I dont say i did not warn you. Have fun, cant wait to see your project. Just remember...when yoru game is really really big

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RENAME ANY!!!!!!OBJECTS or the game will crash.

DO NOT make to many groups or it will also crash, and do not put in and "while" functions
Oh... No wonder my game crashed, I renamed an object. So, how many groups do you think I can make?

Old
jediaction

Default 05-01-2010, 03:37 PM

Hm, depends on how powerful yoru computer is. Mine has 1 and a half terribite of memory and a lot of stuff is updated. I dont think it will matter. The limit is about 2

Tags
gjonreadingtagsx2495iiii