Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Idea for Alice and Easy 3D World Creation Tool
Old
PlatinumArts

Default Idea for Alice and Easy 3D World Creation Tool - 12-26-2007, 08:52 AM

Hi, I'm currently working on a project called Platinum Arts Sandbox which makes it easy for kids to create their own 3D worlds. I am interested in trying to merge Alice with it because I think it would be great if kids (and others) could have alice's programming power and Sandbox's level editing power. That is probably a project for a bit down the road but I was wondering what the Alice team thought of this and hopefully we could collaborate. Sandbox is open source and available for download at http://Kids.PlatinumArts.Net

Also I was wondering if you could please give me some suggestions on how to get Sandbox into more schools. I see that Alice has done really well at this and any tips would be great. Sandbox is already being used at a Middle School in Illinois and soon at a high school in NY and it has been used in some other places to teach but I would like to try to get it into more schools so kids can learn how to make games and have fun! Take care and thanks for your time.
-calimer