Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

alice piano ch 10 project 1 help please due mon it's my final!!!!
Old
chessikat

Exclamation alice piano ch 10 project 1 help please due mon it's my final!!!! - 12-10-2011, 01:44 PM

I can't get the empty list titled newSong to play the notes that are put in the list when the world is run.
The goal of the project is to make a piano that can record and play what the user inputs. I have the keys moving and the sound files work fine. I can record the notes into the empty newSong list variable which is at the world level. I can also clear the list while the world is running I just can't play back what is in the newSong list. The closest I've gotten is a function but it only plays one note. Is there a way to get the function to return all the items in the list?

ch 10
Old
stephenser47

Default ch 10 - 12-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Well you have gotten farther than me. I can't figure out how the objects are placed into the list when the program is running. Can you help me out? I might can help you out because I think I know how it plays but I can't get it to add the objects to the lists when I click on them.

Last edited by stephenser47; 12-10-2011 at 02:39 PM.

recording the note
Old
chessikat

Smile recording the note - 12-11-2011, 12:03 AM

To record the notes all you have to do is drag over the newSong variable and it will give you options. One of those is to add an item to the end of the list. I put it in an if/else statement. If recording=true put whatever sound at the end of the list.

Thank you
Old
stephenser47

Default Thank you - 12-11-2011, 02:07 AM

Thank you that helped me out. If you are still having problems with your project, you need to go look at the third tutorial in alice then after you walk through it. look at the coding on that program. its basically the same thing except with penguins singing and with out a clear song button.

got it to playback
Old
chessikat

Post got it to playback - 12-11-2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks a bunch can't believe I forgot about the penguine tutorial I even watched that. I had to change my code a bit (add some methods) but I got it to work perfectly. I'm so happy my project is turned in and on time

Tags
ch 10, piano, project