Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Change Backgrounds
Old
the stump

Lightbulb Change Backgrounds - 02-14-2009, 09:12 PM

I want to change backgrounds. Let's say I have a wizard. He's standing in front of a castle. Then he does his thing and all of a sudden, he's standing in front of a volcano, still in the same place. The only thing that's changed is the background.

How do I do this?

TIA for any advice.

Change Backgrounds
Old
Whitney Shannon

Default Change Backgrounds - 01-10-2011, 01:45 AM

I want to make my myspace page totally different. not just putting a layout or a new background or n e thing. more lyke that i can hide certain parts and move everything around or center the whole profile. so thats it looks nothing lyke the typical myspace with ur photo on the left the extended network thing on the right then the top friends then the comments etc etc do u kno wut i mean?? is there lyke a program that can help me do this or a certain website?? plz help me out thanks.

Old
bcbrian

Default 01-10-2011, 02:31 AM

There are more than one way to do this. I'll list a couple:
One Option
Add both a volcano and castle to world and place both in same spot (manually or obj1.setpointofview to obj2; set one objects isshowing property to false and one to true (or opacity setting to 0 for invisible), and create method:
wizard.doesSomething;
Do together
obj1. isshowing = false
obj2. isshowing true

Another Option
Place volcano completely off screen; place dummy objects at volcano and castle, and instead of changing isshowing values, use volcano and castle pointofview methods to the different dummies simultaneously.

Either way, set durations to 0 so the change is instant instead the default 1 second, so that movement or fading in and out is not seen.