Old
Tom2Tom

Smile Ninja Practice, need help - 02-18-2012, 05:47 PM

Hey everyone,

if anyone has done that i need help doing it. pls pls pls

Old
TauTrumpsPi

Default 02-18-2012, 07:11 PM

Could you be more specific in what you want? You want to make a ninja practice game? I don't think anyone's done that yet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Old
Tom2Tom

Default 02-19-2012, 10:00 PM

This is the question its really hard

Create a world with an evilNinja and write class methods for traditional Ninja moves. For example, you can write a rightJab and leftJab (where the Ninja jabs his hand upward with the appropriate hand), leftKick and rightKick (where he kicks with the appropriate leg), and leftSpin and rightSpin (where he does a spin in the appropriate direction). Save the Ninja as a new class named TrainedNinja. Start a new world, add two trainedNinja objects, and have them practice their moves facing one another.

Old
TauTrumpsPi

Default 02-20-2012, 09:40 AM

There are many different Alice textbooks, so simply saying a problem won't help anyone help you

I did happen to have that textbook and do that problem

Unfortunately, it is against forum rules and my conscience to give you that homework, seeing as that prevents you from learning. However, if you have specific questions on how to do specific aspects of the task, one of the other forum members or I would be glad to help you.

However, a hint to get you started: Using the "set pose" feature will be a lot easier than throwing together a host of coding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ

Girl Fight
Old
Oliveoil

Cool Girl Fight - 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM

I've made all my punching, kicking and twirling moves and I did use set pose. My problem is my Ninja looks like he's in a girl fight. I don't know how to get him to look like he's a tough dude and not slapping and kicking. I can get his limbs to move/turn/rotate into posiiton but is there pictures I can see to what a the poses should look like?

Old
madison1

Default 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Add some jumping in there too...that will help. I had the same assignment, but I won't do your homework for you either. By the way, the book gives you some ideas you can use (in the actual problem)...and if you're struggling with the part where you have to save a new trainedNinja object, go back and read the chapter to get clarification.