Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Egyptian World
Old
amueller

Default Egyptian World - 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM

I just finished my assignment for a class at the Dallas County Community College. The idea was to create a scene in Egypt where a mummy walks towards a pharao and when the mummy gets close to the pharao a "mystical gesture" of the pharao makes the mummy fall. We were supposed to make two methods for the mummy (step and fall) and one for the pharao (gesture).

This exercise took me quite a few hours to complete as I had a hard time making the step method work without an initial pose method that I also made, but didn't use when I saw that we only should add one method.
I made use of the move and turn methods to turn various parts of the mummy while moving it forward. I used two do together statements in order to complete each side. The hardest thing for me was to get the timing between the gesture of the pharao and the fall of the mummy right. Especially since the mummy needed to keep walking until the end of the gesture. I had to experiment with all various duration settings to get it somewhat right.

Old
timsally

Default 12-19-2010, 02:20 PM

Hey Andreas,

Would you explain to me a little about the pose method and how it works? I haven't worked with it yet and was hoping your usage of it could introduce me to it.

Thanks,

Tim S.

Old
David B

Default 12-19-2010, 07:13 PM

You are not the only person who has asked a question about a mummy assignment. Check out these threads for more help:

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5729

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5707

Old
amueller

Default 12-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsally View Post
Hey Andreas,

Would you explain to me a little about the pose method and how it works? I haven't worked with it yet and was hoping your usage of it could introduce me to it.

Thanks,

Tim S.
Hi Tim,

I did not actually mean the pose method. I just made an additional method first where I had the mummy positioned correctly for a first step before starting the step method.

So, no, I didn't find anything about poses there either :-)

Andreas.