Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

What is story telling alice?
Old
Eric Viv

Exclamation What is story telling alice? - 06-12-2008, 09:01 AM

I was just looking around the site and saw storytellling alice whats it for? whats it do?

-Eric

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 06-12-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Viv View Post
I was just looking around the site and saw storytellling alice whats it for? whats it do?

-Eric
Eric, we are pleased to have you as a newcomer to the Alice forums.

Rather than repeating a lot of what has already been said, I'm going to tell you how to find the answer to this question as well as the answer to many similar general questions about Alice. Go to Google and search for the following:

storytelling alice site:www.alice.org

That should provide you with all of the information that any of us have about storytelling alice.

In general, you can repeat this procedure to obtain information on any topic by using the following search syntax:

keyWord1 keyWord2 ... keyWordX alice site:www.alice.org

You can even go into the Advanced Search area of Google and apply advanced searching techniques such as logic and keyword exclusion.

As an exercise, try the following

red green blue (axis OR axes) site:www.alice.org

Then try it again with the following and pay attention to the differences in what the search turns up:

red green blue (axis OR axes) -papert site:www.alice.org

The information that is turned up with a Google search should be current to within a couple of days.

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 06-12-2008 at 09:19 AM.

Old
ulrich200

Default 06-12-2008, 11:40 AM

story telling alice is an easier version of alice. It's for middle school students

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 06-12-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich200 View Post
story telling alice is an easier version of alice. It's for middle school students
No offense intended, and I could be wrong, but I don't believe that is an accurate description of StoryTelling Alice. True, it is for middle school students, but I believe that mainly means that some features were added that middle school students would find attractive. I don't believe that means that it is either "easier" or "harder." It is simply different in some respects.

I seem to recall reading that some of the features that were developed and tested in STA will be incorporated in Alice v2.2, and some others may possibly be incorporated in v3.0.

A word of caution is in order however. While I find Alice 2.0 to be a relatively stable and reliable software package, I have never been able to reliably run STA on my HP laptop computer. It seems to fail in a variety of seemingly random ways.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free Scratch tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocHomeSchool.htm
Free Java/C#, etc. tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm