Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

How Do I Make A Character Sit?
Old
DarkMagis

Question How Do I Make A Character Sit? - 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM

I'm working on a short film, with the opening scene having a classroom (which is unfortunately hard to create as there is a lack of materials to use :\ ). Naturally, there are students in the classroom, sitting down. The huge question: how do I open the scene with them sitting down, and how do I actually make them sit down? I am using the latest version of Alice StoryTelling, by the way. Many thanks to whoever can tell me to do.

Re: How do I make a Character Sit?
Old
hgs

Default Re: How do I make a Character Sit? - 10-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Since it is difficult to find with the search facility on here...

I seem to recall that Storytelling Alice has the SitOn procedure defined (maybe for only some characters). Alternatively, see below.

You will need to add a procedure to each character to bend their legs appropriately, (at the hips and the knee). This will leave them sitting in midair, so you will need to move them down at the same time. It will probably take a bit of fiddling to move them down the right amount. It won't look quite as natural as one would like, but it is the only way that I have found to be useable.

For the version(s) of Alice where there is a SitOn procedure, you still have to move characters up or down because for some chairs the top is the top of the enclosing box for the chair, so "on" means floating above the seat.

Hope that helps.

Old
DarkMagis

Default 10-05-2010, 03:46 PM

Thanks. I'll check out other characters with that option, but I also will figure out how to bend their legs.

Tags
chair, character, sit, sitting