Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Lists/Arrays on Mac
Old
Eddosan

Default Lists/Arrays on Mac - 06-07-2008, 03:33 PM

I've been trying to make a list of 4 toy soldiers in the "world properties" tab, but it doesn't seem to work. I check-mark "make a list", click "new item", and attempt to choose "the entire toy soldier", but all I get is a BLEEP sound every time I try to click on it. Apparently, it DOES work on things that don't have sub-parts, like GROUND, WORLD, and LIGHT.

Am I doing something wrong? Or might this be a bug in the Mac version? It seems to work fine from the screenshots of my "An Introduction to Programming Using Alice" textbook, which uses the Windows version of Alice as an example.

I have to use this for one of my assignments due in a few days, so help is very much appreciated.

Old
DrJim

Default 06-08-2008, 08:24 AM

Just tried the same thing and it worked fine on my PC running XP. Might be a Mac thing but I'd have thought something this bad would have been caught before.

The other possibility is that your toy soldier file is somehow corrupted - also seem unlikely but about the only other possibility I can think of. I'd suggest that you first try another object with several parts and - if that works OK - download another copy of the toy soldier file from the website.

Old
Eddosan

Default 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
The other possibility is that your toy soldier file is somehow corrupted - also seem unlikely but about the only other possibility I can think of. I'd suggest that you first try another object with several parts and - if that works OK - download another copy of the toy soldier file from the website.
Actually, it doesn't work on any object with subparts (I tried bunnies, chickens, etc.). It does work on Light, Ground, Camera, and Billboards, however.

Lists on Mac
Old
dpearson

Default Lists on Mac - 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM

I have the same problem.

The Macs in my classroom have Alice 2.0.7 installed.

When you try to add any object with subparts to a list, you get an beep response and the part is not added. I tried this on more than one machine (thought they are all clones of each other).