Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Alice Game Ideas
Old
Nighthawk0973

Default Alice Game Ideas - 11-10-2011, 06:57 PM

I'm not much of an Alice guy. I hate all the restrictions the Alice has and prefer to program games myself. But I'm only a 2D programmer as of now, so in the 3D world, I don't have any way of creating my ideas. So I decided to create this thread. This is my 'Alice Game Ideas' thread.

Be warned however, these ideas aren't for the Alice newbie. You need to be extremely good at Alice, and probably able to use world loader and all that other cool stuff.

So if you're good at Alice, but need a good idea for a game, than check on this thread. If you see an idea that you like, tell me and I'll consider allowing you to use the idea in your Alice game. (you need my approval first, and I'm not dumb either, I know if you got the idea off this thread and made it into your own game, posted it on the community and called it your own)

Remember, if you need some ideas to help advance the game concepts farther than what I post, don't be afraid to PM me!

-Nighthawk0973

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-10-2011, 07:50 PM

I tried this awhile back. Never got it just right.

A small scale, single room survival FPS with collision detection and polished mechanics. now when I say polished, I mean no lagging, no enemies going through walls, competent AI, moderate challenge, perfect bullet collision, enemy animation, balanced weapons, polished firing animations, and no going through walls yourself.

(Polished, by the way, means how it looks in the professional games)

I got close. My wall code was too bulky and it slowed the game down. Also, the bullet collision at the time seemed impossible to me, so I got around it with "mouse clicked on" methods. The problem with this is that if you click the enemy (a zombie, in my case), then hold the mouse down while moving it off of him, it still registers as hitting him.

I also found it difficult to animate the enemies well. I ended up with zombies jumping awkwardly at you way more quickly than they should. But it's largely due to the fact that Alice can't handle much more than two zombies onscreen jumping at you at once. I had four.

So anyway, good luck doing something like this. Definitely not for a newbie, that's for sure.

Old
InsertName

Default 11-11-2011, 11:23 AM

I can do some animations for charcters. Walking Jumping, Punching. ect.
Make it look nice.

__№_₤⅞__
Handguns: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=45349
MINECRAFT IN ALICE: http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=48208
My Stupid Animations: http://alice.org/community/album.php?albumid=119

A flight simulator clone.
Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default A flight simulator clone. - 11-12-2011, 01:59 AM

IMO one of the things closer to the realm of possibility than an FPS, yet just as hard to make, is a *visually correct* flight simulator.

Requirements:
-Throttle control. Remember, airplanes have a speed requirement to stay in air, so don't make this a really low number.
-Collision (Flight sim collision is generally less costly)
-First Person Cockpit view, First Person, and Third Person view.
-Flight instruments. All of the meters except for the course deviation meter and the radio magnetic indicator are necessary.
-Do a barrel roll!

[Optional]
-Interesting flight instrument layout. I didn't say the flight instruments had to be physical and attached to the plane. Just that they had to be present and visible.
-Targeting System. This can be with or without lock-on targeting. Remember, as a general rule of thumb missiles have guidance systems and rockets don't. Gravity bombs, even if they have guidance, are still only considered bombs.
-Environment. What matters is the flight, not whether or not you're flying over an oil spill or if you're flying right next to a giant radio tower that is jamming your flight controls.
-Landing, various other miscellaneous methods such as changing the position of landing gear and rolling out the evacuation slide.
-Other planes + AI. I recommend not making AI. You will invariably flop it, and Alice isn't boss enough to support half decent aerial dogfights even if you didn't.
Example:
I can see an altimeter, a turn indicator + crosshair (targeting system), and a compass (radar).

Last edited by Mr Kidnapper; 11-12-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Ill try to do this!
Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default Ill try to do this! - 01-14-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
I tried this awhile back. Never got it just right.

A small scale, single room survival FPS with collision detection and polished mechanics. now when I say polished, I mean no lagging, no enemies going through walls, competent AI, moderate challenge, perfect bullet collision, enemy animation, balanced weapons, polished firing animations, and no going through walls yourself.

(Polished, by the way, means how it looks in the professional games)

I got close. My wall code was too bulky and it slowed the game down. Also, the bullet collision at the time seemed impossible to me, so I got around it with "mouse clicked on" methods. The problem with this is that if you click the enemy (a zombie, in my case), then hold the mouse down while moving it off of him, it still registers as hitting him.

I also found it difficult to animate the enemies well. I ended up with zombies jumping awkwardly at you way more quickly than they should. But it's largely due to the fact that Alice can't handle much more than two zombies onscreen jumping at you at once. I had four.

So anyway, good luck doing something like this. Definitely not for a newbie, that's for sure.
I can try to do this, im pretty good at these thing cauz ive worked on SO MANY that i can probably create good collision, bullet system, and AI system just how you like it.

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Old
room14

Default 01-14-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
...things... things...
-Other planes + AI. I recommend not making AI. You will invariably flop it, and Alice isn't boss enough to support half decent aerial dogfights even if you didn't.
Not So. I am going to prove it on my game.

:D

Old
zero00

Default 01-14-2012, 01:22 PM

I had this idea sometime ago:

It was a vertical-scrolling shooter. There would be one boss, but it would shoot a ridiculous amount of bullets and things at the player. There would even be bullet patterns to dodge.

Basically, a manic shooter like DoDonPachi or something.

==============Some of my Games and Ideas===========

Sky Warrior: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6291
Health Bars: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36968#post36968
Sky Warrior: Dual Force: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7174

Want to make your own space game? http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6389

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 01-14-2012, 04:54 PM

Touhou?

Old
dakota95

Default 01-15-2012, 09:42 PM

whatdoumean?

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 01-16-2012, 12:40 AM

Touhou. Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4zLwlpPobU
The defacto most popular game series in Japan. It's also known as the hardest of its genre.
This particular game out of the series, Shoot the Bullet, is a bit different. It's an extra game, but that doesn't make it any less hard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLIaZUOnBU
More average for the series, difficulty is still ridiculous.
Apparently the only reason there's no official English version is because the game is too hard for Americans.
I will give you props if you really manage to recreate the game. You will run in the hundreds of thousands (Probably cutting a few million) of spheres if you try to do it normally, so try to include cloning that occurs during play.