Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

racing game?
Old
annaandcat

Default racing game? - 05-07-2011, 01:40 PM

I'm trying to create a racing game in Alice. I have the streets and the car but I can't find a way to make the car stop when it goes off the road. The only way I can think of is have "While car is within 5 meters of road, road1, road2, road3, turn, road 4.... Do car move forward...." But even that wont work because it measures 5 meters from the center of the road. So I would have to put in a bunch of invisible objects on the road and say "while car is within 5 meters of object, object2, object3....." that would crash the computer though wouldn't it? Is there any other way to do this?

Old
debussybunny563

Default 05-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Instead of using the 'within so-and-so meters of object' function, use the 'distance to the left/right/etc. of object' function.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg road01.JPG (64.1 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Tags
car, game, racing