Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Requesting textbook information.
Old
jamieirl

Default Requesting textbook information. - 02-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Hi, I know this is asking a lot but I haven't gotten my textbook yet (Alice In Action With Java) and I'm getting very behind with my assignments. If anyone has this book and doesn't mind giving me information on the following assignments; Programming Ex 1.10 (p.29), Programming Ex 2.9 (p.64), Programming Ex 3.9 (p.103), and "Program Your Choice" (p.138).

I've ordered my book from Amazon and it's taking a lot longer than expected. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Old
lanceA

Default 02-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieirl View Post
Hi, I know this is asking a lot but I haven't gotten my textbook yet (Alice In Action With Java) and I'm getting very behind with my assignments. If anyone has this book and doesn't mind giving me information on the following assignments; Programming Ex 1.10 (p.29), Programming Ex 2.9 (p.64), Programming Ex 3.9 (p.103), and "Program Your Choice" (p.138).

I've ordered my book from Amazon and it's taking a lot longer than expected. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Do you mean like this:
Programming Ex 1.10: "Write an original short story (10-20 seconds long), and use Alice to create an animated version of it. Your story should have at least two characters, and each character should perform at least five actions that combine to make an interesting story.?

??

Old
jamieirl

Default 02-11-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
Do you mean like this:
Programming Ex 1.10: "Write an original short story (10-20 seconds long), and use Alice to create an animated version of it. Your story should have at least two characters, and each character should perform at least five actions that combine to make an interesting story.?

??
Well I've never actually looked inside of the book before but that sounds right to me. Thank you so much for posting that, I think I should be able to do that assignment now. How about the other two?

Old
lanceA

Default 02-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Well I've never actually looked inside of the book before but that sounds right to me. Thank you so much for posting that, I think I should be able to do that assignment now. How about the other two?
Let me know when you have completed that assignment and we can discuss the others.

Good luck.

Old
jamieirl

Default 02-12-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Let me know when you have completed that assignment and we can discuss the others.

Good luck.
I've finished the first assignment. It was actually kinda fun.

Old
lanceA

Default 02-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I've finished the first assignment. It was actually kinda fun.
GREAT!!
I'm not sure how you will do the other one though since it references your having completed a program in Section 2.4 of the book. . .

Verbatim, here is Ex 2.9 (p 64):

2.9 In Section 2.4, we developed a program consisting of Scene 2, in which a wizard faces off against three trolls. Create your own Scene 1 and Scene 3 for this program to show what happened before and after the scene developed.

As usual, good luck and I hope you receive your book soon.

Old
jamieirl

Default 02-12-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
GREAT!!
I'm not sure how you will do the other one though since it references your having completed a program in Section 2.4 of the book. . .

Verbatim, here is Ex 2.9 (p 64):

2.9 In Section 2.4, we developed a program consisting of Scene 2, in which a wizard faces off against three trolls. Create your own Scene 1 and Scene 3 for this program to show what happened before and after the scene developed.

As usual, good luck and I hope you receive your book soon.
Thanks, yea that'll be tricky. Maybe I can get ahold of someone from my class.