Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Change speed with key press
Old
ICS

Default Change speed with key press - 04-26-2009, 02:03 PM

I have an airplane that changes speed with a "When a key is typed" event. I have set up 5 speeds each getting a little faster. The problem I am having is that I can go from speed 1 to 5 but when I try to reverse the order, nothing happens. I am trying to set up a game where the user can control the speed and turning of the airplane.

Each speed is set up in an infinite loop which I think may be the problem. But, this is the only way I can figure to keep the plane moving until the user changes the speed with a different key stroke.

Last edited by ICS; 04-26-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: adding detail

Old
HisWorld

Default 04-26-2009, 02:47 PM

Not sure where your problem is, it would help if you posted some of your code and how you are trying to implement this.

I don't think that should be to hard to accomplish, one of the best ways may be to create a global world varible of type number that changes based on what button you push and then inside your "While the world is running event" have several conditional If-else statements that determine at what speed your plane should go.

This can be down like this.
when "1" is typed "world.currentspeed" set value to "1"

Well I went ahead and made an example using global variables. I'll try to attach in a bit.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w practiceplane.a2w (329.4 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by HisWorld; 04-26-2009 at 02:57 PM.

I get it!
Old
ICS

Default I get it! - 04-26-2009, 04:18 PM

Thank you. I was trying something like this but I was not handling the variables correctly.

Old
HisWorld

Default 04-26-2009, 05:07 PM

No problem, I've only started today to really get into this program.