Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Scoreboard object for alice?
Old
quickster

Thumbs up Scoreboard object for alice? - 05-09-2009, 09:47 AM

Cans omeone please tell me where i can get a scoreboard object for alice because I need one for my soccer game that I am creating for school. Some plz msg ASAP!!!

Thanks!

Old
HisWorld

Default 05-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Ok, are you wanting something that the text contained on it can be updated? or are you wanting something that simply shows some information but never changes?

Well both are possible but, having one that updates takes alittle more doing.

Here is one way to do it.
1. Create an image in any photo editor, "paint" works well. Just draw how you want the face of your scoreboard to look like. Then save as a .jpeg file.
2. Import this file into alice by clicking file - make billboard - find the file you created in step 1 - click import. Your picture should now appear in your world and a new object with the filename of that picture will appear in the object tree.
3. Move the picture to an appropriate position in your world.
Optional:
4. If you want information to be updated you will need to create some 3-d text place them directly on the image you created earlier. Update the string value's of the 3-d text with what ever info you want, such as game time or scores.

Hope this helps

Tags
alice, cool, importan, projects, scoreboard