Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 5
Old
sptaylor17

Default Assignment 5 - 07-22-2017, 11:49 PM

I just completed assignment five, solely and independently with no assistance from any of my classmates or anyone outside of God for that matter. I had been working on it for about 5 hours before I was able to configure the three phrases correctly. I was using the if/else function, but I could not get it to work the way I needed it to. I played around with it, verbally walking myself through what I needed to attempt to get the program to do(confusing), in order to get the results I needed. I was frustrated around hour three, but I kept at it! Said a prayer and kept using trial and error, writing the code line by line and playing it to see if it did what I needed it to do. Doing this line by line helped me to see where the breakdown started.

Eventually, I was able to get the equation set up correctly and to get it to state one of the three phrases based on the users response.

Old
vannya

Default 07-23-2017, 04:07 PM

I'm glad that you are finally feeling comfortable with the program! This was probably one of the easier programs for me. I made a sheriff bouncer and a moon bar. My son thought that was hilarious when I just showed him. 5 hours is a lot of time for an assignment, but totally worth it once you finally "get it"!