Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Lab 2
Old
vannya

Default Lab 2 - 07-23-2017, 05:03 PM

Lab 2 was a great introduction to looping. One of the toughest parts was trying to condense my statements down in a loop so that I didn't repeat myself. I kept this one simple, just the character in the world, so that I could focus on the actual code.

Alice doesn't seem to allow you to do very much with strings compared to Java, or at least not that I could find. I feel this hindered me a touch, but I think I made it work overall.

Old
sptaylor17

Default 07-24-2017, 12:22 AM

I feel the same way, I was able to condense every thing to just the world method and get the results I wanted. However, I am not sure if the point was to create new method or just get the world to act out as explained in the assignment directions using as few line as possible.

What do you think?

Old
vannya

Default 08-01-2017, 11:11 PM

I think that as long as it worked, that's all that really mattered. The program wasn't so long, so I think perhaps you could do it either way. If it was a much bigger program and I had to reuse the method multiple times, I would create a method.