Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

Assignment 4
Old
sptaylor17

Default Assignment 4 - 07-20-2017, 05:41 PM

Hi:

I think this is my favorite assignment thus far! It allowed for personal creativity and I took pride in trying to get it just right. I can not wait to I get familiar with how to do more gestures. I liked creating the storyboard. I named my two main characters after my nieces and sent it to them as a video clip. They loved it.

I have finally getting caught up. So glad I took this class during the summer while I was off and had a lot of time on my hand to give it my full attention.

I'm still working to get more familiar with functions and poses. They don't always work correctly when I try to use them. Figuring out the math for the variables has been an issue. Math has not always been my buddy, I had no idea how much math goes into programming.

Old
vannya

Default 07-23-2017, 04:16 PM

If you are feeling iffy on the math, Khan Academy has some great math tutorials. I do about 30 minutes of math a day as a refresher on some of the more difficult math principles. 30 minutes a day goes a long way if you tally that to be 15 hours over the course of 30 days!

https://www.khanacademy.org/

Old
cdeleon

Default 07-24-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptaylor17 View Post
Hi:

I think this is my favorite assignment thus far! It allowed for personal creativity and I took pride in trying to get it just right. I can not wait to I get familiar with how to do more gestures. I liked creating the storyboard. I named my two main characters after my nieces and sent it to them as a video clip. They loved it.

I have finally getting caught up. So glad I took this class during the summer while I was off and had a lot of time on my hand to give it my full attention.

I'm still working to get more familiar with functions and poses. They don't always work correctly when I try to use them. Figuring out the math for the variables has been an issue. Math has not always been my buddy, I had no idea how much math goes into programming.

How did you get your character to jump and stay in place? I've literally spent like 3-4 hours on this single motion. lol. And, I can't find anything on the web related to jumping. I do, but it's all related to animals. I can't seem to mirror those steps onto a human.

Old
sptaylor17

Default 07-24-2017, 12:14 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. We use Khan academy with my students prepping for SAT. I think that my math fear have more to do with societal teaching to woman to fear math and science, and to not trust in our intelligence.

A lot of times men underestimate our capabilities as women when it comes to intelligence. We then pick up on this and act the way in which we believe men expect us to. Not me .

Hence feminism movement. I was able to work through it with the spiritual affirmation that regardless of what other may think of me I can do well in this class.

Thanks again for your feedback. Will definitely get some practice in on Khan Academy as time permits.